Been Gone awhile, having a bad time of things (long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Been Gone awhile, having a bad time of things (long) Been Gone awhile, having a bad time of things (long)

Unread 09-27-2000, 08:29 AM
Been Gone awhile, having a bad time of things (long)

Hi ladies! Its been awhile since I last posted. I have having alot of problems emotionally and physicaly.
First of all, I hurt my shoulder bigtime when I fell on a wet deck. I really screwed it up. I had all kinds of x-rays and mri's. Found out that I may not be called "Cake lady"( may not decorare cakes again because of permanent nerve damage)I have a hairline fracture below my wrist,neck pain, and a rotator cuff ingury. I start physical therapy today.If that doesnt work, then I will need surgery for the bone spurs I am in alot of pain because of it.
Secondly, I have been having some pain again. I don't know if my remaining ovary has endo on it or not. I haven't told anyone yet, so all of you wonderful ladies are the first to know. I am actually crampy right now. It feels like I am going to get my period any minute now. We all know thats not going to happen. I truely wish that I never knew of endometriosis!!!
Thirdly, I still have that bald spot on my head, and its getting bigger. I was refered to a dermatoligist but really I dont want to go. I just have too many things to deal with right now.
Fourthly, Im still having the headaches and migraine. Im seeing a neuroligist for them. He said that it was due to major stress and hormones. He said that the loss of hair is not due to stress but due to hormonal issues.
Lastly, I am begining to hate my life. I have all these people around me that I am not liking so much anymore, including my husband. I am tired of the way he treats me. He can be really mean and insensitive at times (most of the time) I am at the point that I just want to leave, but I have no where to go. And I certainly do not want to lose my 3 children. This may seem weird, but I sometimes have the feeling that I do want another one. I cant stand being around other babies (especially my best friends) because that feeling of wanting another gets to me. I just don't want one with my husband. Isnt that strange?
Well I will shut up for now. Just had to let this all out.
Hopefully there will be at least one person who could give me some advice. I would really aprieciate it!! Thanks ladies. Love you all!!!!

C.L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2000, 09:44 AM

I'm so sorry about all of this...I think you better contact your gyn and let them know you're having recurring pain and take it from there.......I think we are all having problems and the fact that we were all so sick prior the hyst has left us all at the ends of our rope when something happens or reoccurs...hang in there and know all of us are here for you anytime
Unread 09-27-2000, 10:51 AM

I'm sorry about your problems, C.L. I wish there were something I could do. I also think you should contact the doctor about your new pain, and I agree that the hair loss and the migraines could be hormone related. Although you had only your right ovary removed, the left may not be functioning as it should be. Please consider posting in the Hormone Jungle about these two issues. As for the nerve damage, I hope it isn't permanent. Please keep in touch,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2000, 11:17 AM

cake lady---
i can relate to you. I am only 4 weeks post, and not having so many problems as you are. But i did start the estrogen patch as the one remaining ovary shut down. May be only temporarily but for now Im doing the patch. Before surgery I went through 2 years of periods every 10 days, and prevera, which almost took away my kids, my husband, and my closest friend. The hormones were driving me crazy. They still do at times too. I can look at my husband and think what did I ever see in him. There are many times I want to leave, but like you I dont want to loose my three girls, and what would I do on my own. I'd have to get off the computer and get a real job! Just joking. Men are insensitive, and they can no way feel what we are going through. Can you imagine a man in all your pain? I think not! Hang in there, and go see you doctor---there has to be answer somewhere. And by all means talk to everyone here.
By the way, my hair is falling out more now than ever before, hope it is still the after effects from anesthetic.

Hang in there, keep your chin up!
Karen O
Unread 09-27-2000, 12:18 PM

Dear, dear Cake Lady:
I am soooo sorry to hear about your recent misfortunes. Just when you think you are getting out of the hole something pushes us back in.
I'll pray for you that you don't end up with any permenant damage.
Loss of hair is also a sign of thyroid problems. Have you had yours checked?
Men can big big time butt-heads can't they? Mine alternates between angel and devil regularly.
Sending many (((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) your way!
Unread 09-27-2000, 02:20 PM

Cake Lady!!!!! You may or may not remember me and I know that with my new name you really won't, but I used to post as Lisa33R. I changed my name cuz there were so many Lisa's posting here that even I got confused. I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I have had my share as well e-mail me sometime I would love to hear from you [email protected] anyway just wanted to send some reassuring hugs your way...take care Love Lisa
Unread 09-27-2000, 05:24 PM

Cake Lady!
I am an April Hyster and feel your pain. Geez girl you need us to all come over for some hugs. The hair and husband sound so hormonal to me. And that crampy feeling-well-best get into see gyn. Don't be stuffin that pain along with other crap...get it all out and get some help. Your children need a happy and health mommy. We want you to get pain free inside and out. Take charge and go after the right treatments and the best doctors...you deserve the best!
Keep us all informed of your progress.
Big hugs
Margaret
Unread 09-28-2000, 06:14 AM

{{Cake Lady}}, I'm sorry you are having so many problems. Are you taking any form of HRT? I see Catherine suggested posting on the Hormone Jungle concerning the Hormone issues they will be able to help with that aspect of it. As far as the pelvic pain I remember you having the Adhesions removed along with the ovary because I also had that done a few weeks earlier than you. Do you think the Adhesions have returned? I also still suffer from pelvic pain and that is what my Docs think mine are. Hopefully your Gyn will be able to figure out what is going on. There are a few of us on this forum still suffering from pain many months postop. It helps alot just coming here, we know we arent alone. Welcome back So sorry it has to be under these conditions Good luck with everything and hope you can be feeling better soon
Unread 09-28-2000, 07:02 AM

Hi Cake Lady,

I'm so sorry to hear that your feeling so blue physically and emotionally. I can definetly relate. I have those moments as well especially since I had my hyst. and still get pain and period symptoms. I know it's hard but you have to think about the future. I know there will be a day that you are better. It may be a long hard road before you get there but you will. Be persistant with you doctors. Always have a plan in motion. Weather your waiting to more test or giving a new medication a chance. It's hard and fustrating but you will get there someday.
Good luck
Kimberly
Unread 09-28-2000, 11:52 AM

Thanks to all of you that responded to my post. I guess that I am a bit hormonal these past weeks.
I still really dont want to call my doctor and tell him about the pain. Im not sure if it is more endo or adhesions. My operative report states that "left ovary amidst moderately dense omentum to peritoneal adhesions, and also moderately thick omentum to anterior abdominal wall and left pelvic sidewall adhesions."It goes on to state that "These adhesions were deemed dense enough and since there was no pain on the left, these were not lysed." What does that mean? Sorry to be so dumb.
Anywho, My shoulder is rally bothering me today, I had my first day of P.T. yesterday, Guess Im paying the price for that. I dread tomorrow.
As far as my hubby, well, he can bite me!!! He is just unbelievable. He flirts with my best friend, and complements her all of the time. Im tired of it. He never complements me at all. I know that he would NEVER fool around on me, and that he is just joking with her, but it hurts my feelings. And I hate the way that he critisizes me all of the time, & tells me that I did something wrong because it wasnt done his way. We bought a new 2001 truck, he was washing it yesterday, slipped off the running board and broke the mirror and the part that holds it-$167.00 just for the part. He just left to go get it fixed at the dealership, and yelled at me because he thought that I burnt a whole in the seat with a cigerette. It looks like something from his pocket jammed into the seat. Of course I get blamed. What he does is fine.
I am so ready to go. Theres been so many things with him happen through the years. What do you gals think"?
Again I thank each one of you for helping me get through this. I knew that each and everyone of you are here and have given me so much advice already. I really appreciate it. I love all of you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register