Pet Scan results ( not) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pet Scan results ( not) Pet Scan results ( not)

Unread 09-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

I had the PET scan this morning, by the same radiologist who gave me the last two, but this time he was busy with the machine, said he hadn't time to look at the pages of computer print out results. He will send them to my Dr and\I will get them at my appt on the 20th. It worries me, because the last two times the radiologist looked at them, told me there was no cancer. My cancer head is saying " Maybe he did look at them and they are bad and he doesn't want to tell me"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

(((Debbie)))

That nasty Cancerhead! Try to ignore it or it will make you crazy! It's tough though when someone deviates from their norm. Even if my doc does something in a slightly different order, I'm sure it's because he's found something awful.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will be keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you until your appointment. Good luck!

Unread 09-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

Quote:
My cancer head is saying " Maybe he did look at them and they are bad and he doesn't want to tell me"
I know what you mean. I'm a great one for trying to read more into what people actually say. I'm sorry you have to go through this worry and will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Deb, I am sure it was not your PET scan at all...

that made him/her seem different this time. I am sure he has no idea how much his reaction or lack thereof can impact you!! And I a pretty sure that is ugly CancerHead taking hold of you. I will keep you in my prayers, and good luck on the 20th!
Unread 09-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

And maybe he really is telling the truth and did not have time to read them!!!

I know how you feel... every time I have a cat scan I am always hoping that someone will say something right there on the spot, but they do not.

so take a deep breath (easier said than done)... and relax.

Rosalie
Unread 09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

Debbie
If they only had a pill to get rid of cancer head, then waiting would not be so hard. I bet the tech has never had cancer and doesn't know what tricks cancer head plays on us.

May you have only wonderful news on the 20th.

Ruth S
Unread 09-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

Why don't you call your doctor. 3 weeks sounds like a long time to wait for the result of the PET scan.
Unread 09-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

s Debbie

I understand exactly how you feel. But truly, until they walk in our shoes, they have no idea how their behavior can set our minds to working.
October 20th does seem like an awfully long time to wait.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Deb.

karenann
Unread 10-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Pet Scan results ( not)

I just had to wait more than ONE MONTH for my stupid post-chemo CT scan results. Turns out they lost the order. Gee! That's great! I actually just got the results last week, if you can believe that. All clear, thankfully. But it took more than a month for me to find that out. My doctor was quite certain that nothing would be found, given than my numbers are so low. But still! It seems like radiology procedures -- reading, interpreting and dictating -- are complicated and time-consuming!

I hope your scan is CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR!

s!
Unread 10-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Cancerhead at Work!

Where I go, sometimes it's like no one is there having anything done and at other times, I feel like I'm on an assembly line. I never have seen the radiologist for the CT scans and the one time when the technician had to re-take one shot I was certain it was because he wanted a better look at all the cancer in there. Turned out, I was clean that time! He could've been busy, there could be a new policy at the place that only your onc. tells you, maybe he had a fight with his wife or a hot date at noon... Now if we could just get that darn cancerhead taken care of!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register