Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!! Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Unread 10-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Well yesterday, I completed chemo #14, and since my red blood count was "dangerously low" I also had to be admitted to the hospital after the chemo treatment for another blood transfusion. So I was out all day yesterday, but do feel much better this morning.

I think this chemo regimine is working better than the last ones the Dr tried. I won't find out until he examines me in two weeks, I still have one more session next week, then a week "off" chemo for his examination.

BUT, I'm not bleeding as much as I used to, my pain is minimual, I mean I don't have to take as many pain pills as often as I used to, so that's good news!

I'm also getting more side effects this time, the lost of appetite, the change of taste, the nausea, but that may just mean it's working better, at least it is in my mind.

Anyway, thought I would check in, since I haven't been on line for awhile.

's and ers to everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 06:06 AM
Hi Tammy!

Bless your heart... I do hope that this works for you. We think of you all of the time!!!!!

Hugs and much love
Unread 10-02-2003, 06:26 AM
What a fighter

You are one strong fighter! I go in today for blood as my red cells tanked and the platelets are so low even an electric shaver on my legs causes problems. I mentioned something yesterday and the nurse said the doctors feel when you feel sick as a sick dog and your counts tan it's a good sign something's working.
Keep on and I know that I"m eating a dirty tin can taste, etc. You're going to WIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Tammy,

first of all I just can't believe that you have gone through 14 chemo's. You are so strong! I am glad you are feeling the side effects...doesn't everything taste "off"? And I am so glad that you feel this is working. You are in my prayers every day. What a woman you are!!! Take care!
Unread 10-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

s Tammy

It is always a delight to come on CC and see you have been here.
I think of you everyday regardless. It sounds like perhaps this chemo is doing it's job. Stay strong.
I am glad to hear your pain is less.

s karenann
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Tammy
So glad to hear you have less pain. I am with the others in hoping that you get a great report from you next MD exam.

s

Ruth S
Unread 10-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Tammy.... You are one strong lady and I definately applaud you!!

I do know that this whole ordeal is not easy but we do need to be strong and focused. You are an inspiration to all.

Feel Well...
Rosalie
Unread 10-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Wow, Tammy, you have sure been thru a lot with 14 chemos. iam glad it seems to be working and that you are feeling better after theblood transfusion. I hope you get agood report from your exam next week
Unread 10-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

I echo Karenann's sentiments. I'm always happy to see a post from you!

I'm so happy that this chemo seems to be working better for you. Is the bloodroot still part of your daily regiment? Let me know.

I think about you a lot too, dear Tammy. There is no way that you are going to do anything other than WIN this battle!

s!
Unread 10-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Tammy,
I am so glad to hear that you are not in so much pain! I hope this chemo is doing the job and destroying ALL the cancer! I pray for you often and hope you will come back with a wonderful report soon.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer,1b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register