Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!! Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Unread 10-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

SirenSong, I stopped taking the bloodroot, due to the fact that I started getting sick with it. It was when I had to up the dosage. So I was going to just go back one dosage, instead of what they told me to take. But, I just didn't go back. I did think that it was helping me, but I didn't want to take it again on this chemo round, cause if it IS helping, the Dr would think it was the chemo, and I didn't want to take chemo weekly. Does that make sense? So I was going to wait until after this chemo, and if it didn't work, and I went back to chemo every three weeks, I was going to start it over again.

But, it seems that this chemo is working, at least to me, so even if I get a good report, I'm still going to start my bloodroot again. Cause, I really believe it was helping, if nothing else, it was keeping me from being constipated all the time.

I have one more chemo this Wed. then next Wed. I see my Dr. so we will see how it is working.

I'm glad to hear that you are back at work, but try not to overdo it.

's and ers to everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2003, 04:45 PM
Wow!!

You are so amazing. I can't believe how much you've been through, and you are so strong.

and ers to you. You've already won.
Unread 10-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Hi, Tammy!

For constipation, I can honestly say that green vegetables (fresh green beans, brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, etc.) and fruits (particularly apples) will really eliminate a lot of what you're dealing with. I notice that if I go a day without enough veggies and fruits, I stop up. But . . . when I drink vegetable juice, eat steamed veggies and start the day with an apple and warm liquid (usually Essiac tea or green tea), everything moves through quite nicely!

A lot of the books I've read focus on in proper elimination as being key to staying healthy. So I'm trying really hard to pay attention to that.

Hope this helps, dear Tammy! And don't forget to drink your water!

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

I was thinking about you and hoping to hear some good news soon!
Unread 10-09-2003, 05:57 AM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Sirensong, I'm taking your advice, and bought a whole bag of apples. I too will be eating one for breakfast now everymorning. I also think I will eat one at snack time, I guess it will be better than chocolate pudding.

I'm also trying to keep fruits and vegetables in my diet now. I've noticed by doing so, I'm losing weight which is good, even though my dr frowns on it. I still stray from time to time, but at least I'm putting more of it in my diet. I still haven't exercised enough.

I am drinking alot of water these days. I still have my occasional coke, but not as often. I don't even drink one a day anymore, more like one a week. Which is VERY good for this cokeaholic.

Thanks for all your gental persuasions. They are really working.

How are your weekly treatments going?

's and ers to you...
Unread 10-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Whew!! Chemo #14 Done!!

Hi, Tammy!

I'm so happy that you're working fruits and vegetables into your diet! The apple really gets things moving. I like the green apples. They're nice and tart, and so yummy! I have one every morning now, along with a pear and raspberries. Today I had some papaya as well. Yesterday, I added a nectarine. Though I didn't eat fruit at all for the past 15 years, I'm really enjoying it, and I'm finding that my body really craves it in the morning.

My big treat for myself is dark chocolate. Either a few squares, or tofu chocolate mousse, or occasionally chocolate pudding (a healthy, rich kind). I had sorbet the other night with a friend, but that is rare.

I'm proud of you for making such healthy changes! Losing weight is good, since there are causal links between weight and a variety of cancers. I'm working on getting mine down as well. Doctors like you to maintain your weight during chemo, but if you're carrying some extra pounds (and I don't know that you are), then losing weight is good for your health. They can always adjust chemo doses down if your weight falls into a new bracket.

Again, I don't know what your weight is, or if you need to lose weight. I'm 5'8' or 5'9" and am at about 145 now. I started this whole mess at around 168.

Water and green tea are both wonderful for you. They're all I drink. I never ever drink soda. But I still like my decaf coffee. :-) I'm trying to have it only several days a week, alternating it with green tea. So hard!

I'm glad you're making good choices for your health, dear Tammy!

I've just finished up my "information" package to consult with Dr. Jeanne Wallace. I will let you know if I learn anything interesting.

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register