almost 3 weeks post op and still on pain meds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

almost 3 weeks post op and still on pain meds almost 3 weeks post op and still on pain meds

Unread 10-04-2003, 11:40 AM
almost 3 weeks post op and still on pain meds

Is it just me? Am I being a big baby? I had a TAH vertical incision. The incision is healing fine. But the inside muscles feel like the are being twisted and wrung out like dish rags. I find I really NEED to take the pain meds the doc prescribed. I feel like the odd ball. I have defnitely noticed too that if I overdo ... the next day it is worse. And when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes in the morning I want to scream. Keep the pain meds right by my bedside and wait for the med to kick in before I attempt to get out of bed. I am about 2 and 1/2 post op. It also hurts when I urinate or move my bowels... sore muscles. I feel like a super odd ball to still need pain meds this far post op.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2003, 11:48 AM

Karen,

Everybody is different. Some Princesses need pain meds longer than others. Sometimes they've had different procedures than others....which means they've had more work done inside. Other times, it's just the level of pain tolerance we each have. No 2 of us are the same.

You have to keep ahead of the pain if you want to heal. Your body can't heal if it's hurting. Please try to be careful about overdoing it. At 2 1/2 weeks post op, it's very easy to try to do too much. Also, if the pain meds you have aren't helping, you need to speak to your doctor.

Take care...follow those princess rules!!
s
Cat
Unread 10-04-2003, 12:26 PM

Karen~

Don't feel bad...week 2-3 was the worst for me, and I've read the same from other ladies here...it should get better real soon. I was off the heavy stuff by the end of week 3. Just pay attention to your body, and call the if you are still in that much pain after a few days!!

It WILL get better!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2003, 02:30 PM

Karen, don't feel bad. Everyone's pain tolerance IS different. I too, had a TAH and I'm 4 wks post op and still on pain meds. I know what you mean when you say the "inside" muscles hurt. Mine are really sore. I still take meds, but I'm not on any heavy stuff. Just prescription Ibuprofen (600 mg) as needed. Like you, sometimes, I want to scream before I get out of bed. I feel soreness just trying to roll over or sit up in bed! My says that this soreness could take weeks to completely go away (good to know it's not all in my head).

Take your meds when you need them. Do what you have to do in order to feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register