Relief From Naseau! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Relief From Naseau! Relief From Naseau!

Unread 10-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Relief From Naseau!

Back to the gastro - my ulcer flaired up (or new one) in July - seems an ulcer appeared for me last July then Jan then July (every 6 mos oddly) but this time it left me not only in pain but soooooooo sick to my stomach. Especially in the morning. Finally the gastro added to the nexium the following. I am mentioning these meds in case someone else has/had the same problem it might be a way to go.

Nexium in the am - 1 hr before eating or drinking anything
Famotidine at bedtime
Compozine for naseau as needed
this along with pepto as needed

Thank God I feel pain free (at least where the ulcer is) and the naseau is passing........what I don't get and I asked the dr is this:

If I don't eat much and what I eat leaves my body quickly then why don't I weight 90 lbs? Instead I swear I have gained weight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Relief From Naseau!

LaurLaur,
Thanks for sharing what is working for you. I take Phenagran for nausea. I also keep some ginger capsules on hand.

I appear to be gaining weight lately also, this after dropping weight rapidly last year. I also have had alot of diarrhea so you would think I would be about 90 lbs. With me I think my problem is the swelling. My gets so big that of course the scales show an increase.
Unread 10-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Relief From Naseau!

Kim,
My stomach swells out so much sometimes but no dr seems to believe it or cares. I just know there are days that clothes slip on and days they dont fit at all.

I am so glad not to be feeling so sick anymore....one thing extra I didn't need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Relief From Naseau!

Phenergan never touched my nausea . . . so now the doc has me on Zofran. Wonderful stuff -- though very expensive. About $40 a pill -- but worth every penny. After being constantly severely nauseous for two months -- 15 minutes after first Zofran felt good (tummy wise) for first time - it was wonderful!
Unread 10-06-2003, 08:39 AM
Relief From Naseau!

Has anyone's doctor said WHAT causes the naseau? I never had morning sickness either time I was pregnant so this was a strange thing for me to deal with.
Unread 10-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Relief From Naseau!

FRESH GINGER!!!!!

Go to your produce section and buy a Ginger Root. Peel it, slice off one or two paper-thin pieces and chew it up. Its an IMMEDIATE and INEXPENSIVE, and NATURAL nausea cure.

Try it...ya cant lose anything by trying. You may not care for the taste but the nausea vanishes in 60 seconds.

Ya know how they sell that fake sushi in some grocery stores?? Well, they put in a small bit of shaved ginger with each serving they sell. They also sell it bottled in the same department. It says "pickled ginger" on the bottle. That works too if you dont want the hassle of peeling and shaving off a couple slices. That is all I need when I feel nausea!!!! It cures me INSTANTLY. I gave it to my boyfriend too when he gets nausea...works for him too.

Works great for hangovers too!!!
Unread 10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Relief From Naseau!

I had terrible naseau for about 2mths all I could eat was toast and finally my doc figured out it was acid reflux because I happened to mention AGAIN the bad taste in my mouth, started me on the Nexium and boom within about 20mins it was gone that was a year ago and for the most part it really does the job!

Due to my many allergies I can barely eat anything mostly live off of tomatoes, cucumbers, the odd bit of red meat and eggs, you would think I would lose weight after going through this for over a year but not a single pound, not one!

Hang in there LaurLaur and thank god for Nexium
Unread 10-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Relief From Naseau!

I will give Ginger a try.
I had horrible stomach pain and the test showed ulcers. I was on Prevacid and it stopped working then and still on Nexium...but still was getting horrible morning sickness.... but thank God for the meds the dr prescribed. I never thought I would feel normal again. Still have to watch the food and drink but much better there.
No one can explain why the stomach probs or the bloating... its weird that my ulcer shows up (PAIN!!!) every 6 months. Very weird.
Unread 10-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Relief From Naseau!

I've used Zofran also, the Phenagran works better for me. We haven't been able to figure out why I have the nausea. It seems to be getting worse. I use to only have it occassionally and now it's almost a daily occurrence.

I can relate to the swollen Some days even my underwear bother me. With the swelling comes increased pain.
Unread 10-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Relief From Naseau!

Kim - I have to take the naseau med every nite and the nexium every morning - its the only way to control the ulcer and the naseau. Maybe you need (unless you already are) to take the meds daily regardless of how you feel.

Mine started out occassionally and then each day I woke up so sick and then it started hitting around mid day just when I thought I would be over the sick feeling....I'd eat something and it would return. It is no fun........and it's weird they really don't know why.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register