Happy Day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Happy Day

Dear HysterSisters,

Today was good. I had TAH, BSO, and Burch proc. for bladder 2 weeks ago. Due to the bowels and bladder not fully functioning after surgery, I spent an extra night in the hospital and came home with the Foley catheter.

Today the Foley was removed and I am pretty much back to normal functioning. Hurray! I already feel better and know after I finish off the propylactic antibiotic tonight I will do even better as it does have some digestive/elimination side effects. I was surprised at the increased pain level after riding in the car to the doctor's office and back, though; I had stopped Rx painkillers many days ago and was just using extra-strength tylenol mostly at bedtime.

Because I had an ablation done in August, the pathologists had less evidence to work with post-op, but they definitely feel there is no malignancy. The remarks about the destroyed, discolored, thermally traumatized lining were strange to read since of course it was a "good" thing to achieve. My doctor told me he cut the uterus in half to view the results of the Nova
Sure ablation; it was the first time he could see what this farily new process does and how effectively so I guess it will help him in knowing what to offer to other patients. The pathologists did state that I had severe adenomyosis and therefore the possibility of some atypical endometrial glands/cells remaining in my body after the ablation was real.

Abdominal hysterectomy is no picnic, but I do feel that my doctor and I made the right decision. Lots of reassurance of that came from reading the posts on this site. Now that the cancer scare is gone, I will be wandering over to the Hormone desert board as I will not be on HRT. Thank you everybody for your support.

When I went in to the castle early on Sept. 22nd, the site had been down. Now as I return for the first time post-op I am pleased to read that there will be a transition to a new server tonight! What an incredibly generous group of women.

Paula
HisEwe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Happy Day

Congrats on your good news and progress! I will see you in the no-HRT desert.
Unread 10-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Happy Day

It's great to hear that you are doing well. A TAH is definately no picnic, but definately doable. Good for you and your opportunity to increase the medical community's knowledge with this newer procedure. Good riddance to that foley!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Happy Day

Thanks Sisters for the good wishes. My first post to this forum is probably lost from when the server went down. I just want to let you know Mary that I have empathy for your situation as I could have waited too long and ended up with cancer. The prolonged (but not heavy) spotting and bleeding were a nuisance but I felt great and had had a biopsy that was OK so to think one is fixing a problem with ablation only to learn one has a more serious problem was a bit of a shock but in a strange way a fortuitous finding.

I had a breast cancer scare (abnormal mammogram) a few days after I received news from my doctor about the pathology from my D&C done at time of ablation and the need of hysterectomy. I had a sonogram fairly quickly but then had to wait weeks for a needle aspiration. It turned out to be a cyst, but I was concerned because my mom has had breast cancer bilaterally (and aunt and grandmother are also breast cancer survivors). It was tentatively set up that I would have the TAH, BSO, Burch, and a breast biopsy all at the same time. Glad not to have to deal with the breast issue after all.

I should hear tomorrow or Friday about my mom's most recent breast problem. I don't like the sounds of it. The way she describes it and the difficulty in diagnosis makes me think it might be inflammatory breast cancer. I pray not. She lives in CA far from me. My father died of cancer almost 6 years ago. I do understand how the diagnosis of cancer changes a person's life dramatically.

Paula
HisEwe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register