So scared! Endo cancer diagnosed. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scared! Endo cancer diagnosed. So scared! Endo cancer diagnosed.

Unread 10-08-2003, 08:49 AM
So scared! Endo cancer diagnosed.

Hiya Donna

Good luck with your doctor today. If i can be of more help pl private message me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 09:15 AM

Hi Donna -

Hang in there gal. I had surgery for grade I stage IA uterine/endometrial cancer on the 17th Sept.
It's a very slow growing cancer and very treatable. If it's just a stage I you will likely only need surgery and you will be cured.

For me the waiting was the hard part too - I couldn't eat or sleep for a week prior.

Keep us posted on what the Dr says. We are all here for you.

Jan
Unread 10-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Donna,

I don't have the same type of cancer you have, but from reading others that do this is very treatable, and with your grade, it probably will be cured with just the surgery.

I know about the waiting, even when you just have to wait a week. There is no easy way to stop the fears, just try to think positively.

I too thought about my children when I was first diagnosed. All you can think of is I'm going to die. What will my children do without me. I have a 17 year old son, and a 5 year old daughter. She was the hardest one to look at and not think poor little girl. Especially at night when I saw her sleeping, it made me cry to just look at her. I still do ever so often even now. You just have to keep thinking positively talk to your DH and let him know how you feel, and he can give you encouragement. Mine does every now and then, especially when he sees me just staring at our little girl, with sad eyes. He says you have to keep thinking positively she needs you, you'll be okay and live a long life. It helps to talk to others about it also.

's and ers to you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2003, 05:10 PM

My hyperplasia also turned to atypia hyperplasia within two months and then the surgery showed stage 1a cancer. It was caught early and I had a gyn with a gyn oncologist. I too was scared but I learned that catching something early is your best prevention and sounds like you are right on top of this. I needed no radiation or chemo just follow up visits.

Six months before I was diagnosed with the above I had superficial bladder cancer talk about thinking it was going through my body. "" well they assured me that it was a coincidence two entirely separate cancers. That too was caught early I do have to go for treatments called BCG for that and maybe more surgery. But don't let fear get to you the faster you have surgery the better off it will be. Be sure to have a gyn oncologist

This site is here for you along with a "*prayer*"
If you want to PM me, if I can be of any help let me know

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register