Please Help! Endo cancer diagnosis. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please Help! Endo cancer diagnosis. Please Help! Endo cancer diagnosis.

Unread 10-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Please Help! Endo cancer diagnosis.

Dear Friends, I think I posted in the wrong topic originally. I am new today and so scared. I was just diagnosed with endo cancer yesterday and I can't stop crying. I have been in fertility treatments for several years trying to have another baby and dr finally sent me for a d&c to remove a fibroid a couple of months ago. Diagnosis came back hyperplasia complex with atypia. I thought that was scary enough! 2 months of med with biopsy last week and then dr calls to say endo cancer! He isn't sure what stage and I am terrified! Encoraging words from someone who has gone through this would be so appreciated. I have two incredible children and all I keep thinking of is them not having a mom! For the past year I haven't felt right and that scares me even more. I kept going to my primary dr telling him I was exhausted all the time and had many bowel problems. Now I keep thinking what is this thing has spread! Has anyone had a later stage endo who can offer any words of encoragement?
Please help!
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2003, 09:22 AM

Hi theater gal,

I do have endo,but i cant tell you if it is cancer,cause i havent had a lap in 6yrs due to have my surgery,Iam very sorry to hear about your diagnosis,and it has got me wondering as well,I have been soooooo exhausted for the last 5 months and i had my thyroid and such checked was normal and my bowels are also pretty messed up is this a side affect from endo in its self or does this mean that it is spread into cancer? also about a year ago i lost 30 pounds with no problem and now with in the last 6 months i have gained about 20 of it back
Unread 10-07-2003, 03:25 PM

Donna,
I'm sending you many s!! As hysterical as I know you are, try to take a deep breath and relax. I know exactly how you're feeling, I felt the same way when I was diagnosed. I wish I had found this site before my surgery, these ladies are great!! My cancer was an early stage but I will tell you that I had trouble for a long time before my diagnosis. I complained to my gyn for 3 years of the same symptoms before finally changing to a new gyn & finding out I had cancer. From everything I learned while going through this, this is a slow growing cancer. My family doctor also told me that "if you have to have a cancer, this is a good one to have." He explained himself by following with the statement that this cancer has one of the highest cure rates. I did research myself and found the same thing. It still did not reassure me, when you're going through what you're going through now, I know that not much helps the fear, I hope this does a little! I'm over a year post-op now & have had no trouble at all!! Hang in there & keep posting, everyone will help a lot I promise!! Take care & God Bless, Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register