The results of my CT scan are in... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The results of my CT scan are in... The results of my CT scan are in...

Unread 10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
The results of my CT scan are in...

....and they are NORMAL!!!!!!!! NED and I are now best friends!!

The lymph nodes that were possibly enlarged in July were determined to be normal. Yipee!!!!!!!

On the flip side, I have gall stones, so my FP physician would like me to consider having my gall bladder removed. This must be my year for -ectomy's!

S to all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 03:23 PM

Congratulations!!!!

So happy for ya, my CT scan showed gall stones too, but I have no symptoms so they are staying put.

Celebrate your good news!!!
Unread 10-08-2003, 03:36 PM

Congratulations!!!! Great News is always good to hear.
NED a beautiful thing to have.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 03:56 PM

Great news! Congratulations.........
Unread 10-08-2003, 04:06 PM

Linda...Like music to our ears...there is no better sound than the sound of NORMAL!!!!!

Congratulations and go and celebrate..

Rosalie
Unread 10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Congrats!

Yippee for the negative cat scan. What wonderful news! I also had the flip side and gallstones found. My primary doc said since I don't have any symptoms, don't worry for now. (Had enough medical treatment for a while). Also, I read that lower fat and exercise (as usual) can help with stones. I'm not sure if it was for shrinking (decreasing cholesterol), or just eleviating symptoms. Best wishes!!
Unread 10-08-2003, 05:26 PM
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for you. That's GREAT news.

Bye-bye gallbladder...
Unread 10-08-2003, 06:03 PM

Hooray! NED is the best!

Think twice before having your gallbladder out. If you eat a high-fat diet, you will have to radically change it if you get your gallbladder out. It definitely makes fatty foods more difficult and painful to process. I'm sure there are natural remedies that can help with elimination of gallstones. I don't personally know of any, but I haven't researched the subject.

If there is an alternative to having that taken out, please evaluate it. My dad had to have his out and is doing well, because he eats a low-fat diet. But another friend had his out at the age of 34, and he is really having a hard time. He's Greek, and can't eat any of the foods he was raised with.

So happy to hear that you're clear! !
Unread 10-08-2003, 06:33 PM

s Linda

Congrats on that great CAT scan. May your dance with NED last forever and a day!!

karenann
Unread 10-08-2003, 06:41 PM

Siren:

I am not rushing into the gall bladder removal. I will make an appointment with the surgeon just to find out about it, but I am definitely not doing it yet. I, too, am a self-proclaimed "nutrition nazi," and I would like to do as much as possible on a nutritional basis to help this problem. I have already started eating low-fat foods, and will have to stay away from big meals and high-fat meals. Since this is the way I usually eat, I really haven't had any problems with gall bladder attacks.

My physician explained that the gall bladder sends bile to the digestive system to help digest a high-fat meal. If the gall bladder is removed, there is a constant flow of bile but no storage. So, if a high-fat meal is consumed, there will be discomfort.

Sounds to me like low-fat wins again!!

Thanks to all for the cheers!!! My family and I are very happy

My 5 yo DS has pneumonia...he's a little from the steroids. Good thing I feel good enough to handle it!!

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register