stress | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-10-2003, 12:48 AM
stress

ok so no that my surgery is only5 days away i am loosing my mind i cant sleep i dont feel as though my pain meds are working anymore its just so frustrating. I find if i sit in one spot for more than 5 minutes its a miracle...I feel so bad for my family i am either in tears or loosing my cool, its like i dont want to be around people but i dont want to be alone either, i must say that i think the whole mental strain is so much worse than the surgery is going to be..............
I think my biggest fear is the hormonal changes after cuz i am having everything out tah-both ovaires, i know this probably sounds strange but i just feel like i will feel like less of a woman maybe its my age (29) maybe its just my fears but i am just afraid of the changes..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2003, 01:23 AM
stress

I completely understand your stress, I am 27 and is scheduled to have a abdominal hysterectomy Nov 6, 2003. I am scard out of my MIND!!!! I just found out about the surgery this past Monday,and haven't been able to sleep at all. I am just ready to get it over and done with.
Unread 10-10-2003, 07:36 AM
stress

Gosh I feel for both of you. My daughter is just a bit older than you both so I can understand how upset you must be.

I'm way older than you both and it was still an upsetting experience for me. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm doing great.

I just wanted to encourage you that you will get support from the sisters here. As far as the hormonal changes, you will be able to work with your doctors to get that balanced out.

I'd suggest you read through this site and be armed with lots of questions for your doctor. I know I found the information here invaluable.

Take care of yourself.

Kathryn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Re: stress

I understand, I was there 3 years ago. I came back to Hyster Sisters because I used this site for information, comfort...etc. I had the surgery and felt so great I forgot about all of you here. I woke up this morning and for some reason thought..."Hey you have to go back and let these women know it's a piece of cake!" So here I am...don't worry about the hormones I was put on estrace a day after surgery, I never noticed any difference except I was warmer then most people ( I still don't wear a coat in the winter!) I went through the surgery with no complications and I had everything taken out, I woke up and I thought I had open heart surgery because I was cut from my breast bone down. I had a tumor that was so large it was the only way they could remove it...again...the pain was nothing(morphine is a wonderful drug!). When I look back on the experience the worse time was before the surgery. One thing I think I was lucky in, was that I had literally 2 days notice. I didn't have any time to worry, and all I worried about, never happend. I read some stories on here that terrifeid me...and again...nothing but the nicest physicians, nurses and medication. I was in the hospital for almost a week and it was so relaxing. As far as sex drive, I have as much as ever and no need for any lubrication. For me the only thing that changed was no more periods were I thought I was bleeding to death, no more cramps and my scar, even as long as it is, almost invisible. You'll be just fine.
Unread 10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
stress

Melissa and lilbit:

Maybe it's because this is a huge undertaking and you already don't feel very well from a long standing debillitating problems.

Yes, it is such a normal way to feel in this very abnormal situation. And it is ok to feel just as nuts and out of control as you feel.

Do whatever you have to do to maintain....well except for street drugs....and we will be here to catch you when you fall, and hug you when you're down, and someone will make you laugh, and we will all get through this together.

Life isn't always fair, but try to reframe some of the situation. You will have the best doctors, best medicine that the 21 centruy can provide. You will feel so much better when it is over.

As far as feeling like a woman, what does that mean to you? Seriously think about that, what does "feeling' like a women mean to you and where do you feel it. My prediction is that after you have grieved your loss you will begin to do the things that make us feel like women, if that is hair, face and nails, new clothes whatever, you will begin to do it. And as you start to gain strength physically you will begin to realize that you are stronger mentally and emotionally.

As you regain strength mentally emotionally and physically you will start to realize that you are exactly the same person you were, just stronger, and that NOW that you can FUNction again you can accomplish so many of the things you wanted to but couldn't because of the problems you were suffering from.

I am truly sorry this is happeneing to both of you. But I believe the experience will shape you and mold you into a better, more beautiful, more appreciative of life, more feminine Melissa and lilbit.

's 's

Dilu
Unread 10-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Hi Mellisa,

Closer it gets more stress you will feel but it will soon be over. I thought I would feel like less a woman too but I'm 4 weeks and 1 day as I honestly can't tell anything is missing inside. Even had one ovary removed and DH says I have no problem with that he can see. Maybe the other wasn't working or not as it should anyway, it had endometriosis. You'll feel better about everything once its over. Love, ((((STITCHER))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register