Vivelle Dot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Vivelle Dot

Hi everyone,
Just got back from 1st post op check up - all OK so far. Yea!

DR put me on Vivelle dot & let me choose .05 or .1 to start with, think I'll try the lowest dose 1st for a few weeks to try.

Was on Premarin 1.25 since surgery but made me sick.

Anybody wish to share experiences on Vivelle dot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Vivelle Dot

I have been on the Dot for a little over a week (.1) and no problems so far. I do find that I get hot at night (thats new), not night sweat hot, just don't want any blankets on me most of the night. Some of the ladies over on the Hormone Jungle say it can take several months to have your hormones level out. My skin is fine, hair is fine, dot sticks just fine, moods are good, sleeping well. All is well with the dot so far!
Unread 10-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Vivelle Dot

I have been on the Dot for over a year (almost a year and a half). I LOVE it! I started out on .1 but found I was more tired than I thought I should be, so I asked my Dr. if I could switch to a lower dose. He switched me to .05 and good days are here again! I never need naps anymore! So feel good about your choice...even my Dr. says he loves the Dot. Hope all works out well for you!
Juli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Vivelle

I started on .5 in the hospital, and am about 3 weeks post-op. The hotflashes had been getting much worse, plus I couldn't remember anything. I saw the doc today and he upped it to .75, but said to give it a couple of weeks before I might see any difference.

Kathy
Unread 10-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Vivelle Dot

i've been on the patch .1 since the day after surgery. i'm 6 weeks after surgery and i think the patch is pretty cool. no sweats, no crankiness. pretty smooth sailing. as martha says "it's a good thing!"
lots of love--kris
Unread 10-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Vivelle Dot

I was started on the Vivelle Dot 0.05 at my 2-week checkup and so far am very happy with it. I also preferred to start with a low dose, and see how it goes.

I didn't have any HRT immediately after surgery, but had started having an occasional hot flash and wasn't feeling quite like myself: I'm usually very upbeat and energetic, with a very positive/optimistic outlook, but by week 2, I had found that I was feeling a little "blue", so I discussed this with my doctor.

I'm now on the Vivelle Dot for 5 weeks and I'm feeling "like myself" again. I know it's still early and dosages might need to be adjusted in the future, but so far, so good!

The only hassle is getting the adhesive off my skin when I change patches - it's sticky stuff!
Unread 10-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Vivelle Dot

Also on the dot since the day after surgery. So far so good. Not one hot flash! Yay! To get the adhesive off I use goo be gone, works great!
Unread 10-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Vivelle Dot

Ihave been on the Dot .1 since the recovery room on 6-26-03. TAH/BSO So far ,, so good!!! I was really worried about not having any sex drive and I can honestly say it hasnt been an issue,, sex is a good thing. Hair, skin and memory seem okay and I have been blessed with nooo hot flashes or night sweats. I did a lot of research on hormones for myself and am very happy with my choice of the bioidentical!! Oh and hey,, to get the adhesive off,,, let the spot dry a few minutes after you take the patch off,, then put some baby oil or sesame oil on it,, get the spot really oily,,then wipe off with a rough wash cloth. comes totally clean!!!!
Unread 10-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Vivelle Dot

I've been on the dot for almost 5 weeks. I love it. No mood swings, no hot flashes, stays on well. Started with 0.1 and we're going to wean it down to the lowest dose I need.

s
Cat
Unread 10-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Vivelle Dot

At 5 weeks post op I was still NOT having any hot flashes but was having mild night sweats every now and then...and vaginal atrophy was BAD...so I started on Vivelle dot.05 and liked it fine except I felt like I was experiencing a little fluid retention and was having a mild, mild headache (and wasn't having these symptoms without Vivelle ). So i lowered dose to .0375 and added Vagifem tablet since the major symptom we wanted to treat was the vaginal stuff anyway. Seems to be a good change for me as headache and fluid retention are pretty much gone, and still no hot flashes, etc. I really like the dot as it is SOOOOOO small, not noticeable, and stays put thru EVERYTHING! Hope to be able to stay on this low dosage.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register