A Biking Update on Jeff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Biking Update on Jeff A Biking Update on Jeff

Unread 10-11-2003, 08:10 PM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Jeff has had very limited high speed internet access. Thus his journal on his web site is quite a bit behind. He is hoping to remedy this problem soon.
I thought I would post a little update for anyone interested.
Jeff left NJ the end of August and is riding his bicycle across the country to raise awareness for ovarian cancer and fundraise for CONVERSATIONS newsletter.
He plans to enter Colorado tomorrow!!!! The halfway point happened this past week in Kansas. Although Kansas was the place for two flat tires to happen, Jeff thought this was the most beautiful state. Mind you, he does not travel on interstate highways. He rode through an area of rolling hills, with animals grazing and saw the most gorgeous sunsets.
Jeff should arrive in Denver next Thursday. A dear friend from medical school is actually flying out to spend the weekend with him. Since Jeff's birthday falls shortly after, my DH and I have reserved a room at the Denver Marriott for Jeff for the weekend.
A bit of luxury before the mountains.
If I could interest anyone in sending Jeff a birthday card, I am enclosing the address and how to mail it to him. I would love for a bunch of cards to greet him at check in.
Just address the card to:

Jeff Mason (check in 10/17/03)
Denver Marriott City Center
1701 California St
Denver CO 80202

The Marriott has assured me the cards will be held for him.
I believe his web site may have been erased with the HS crash.
I can imagine his journal turning into a book one day!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/sirj*****gton

We have a large map of the USA hanging in our rec room.
I just can't believe Jeff has driven soooo far on his bike.
And the number of people he has encountered and shared his knowledge of ovarian cancer with...........

oxoxox karenann
http://
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2003, 09:43 PM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Karen - you must be so proud of Jeff. He is such a wonderful, intelligent, compassionate, eloquent and suberb being!
I will be sending a card out on Monday, and forwarding the link to everyone I know.
My grandmother died from ovarian cancer in 1996.
Jan
Unread 10-12-2003, 07:02 AM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Hi KarenAnn,

It sounds like Jeff is doing terrific and I'm so glad that you posted this update!

I know exactly where you mean in Kansas. I have a brother who lives in Wichita and a couple of years ago we drove out for a visit. I have to admit that the thought of Kansas never actually excited me, and when we crossed over into the state, we saw the same beautiful site that Jeff did. It was soooo beautiful! I can't remember now what the area is called, but it was just amazing to see. We ended up loving Kansas and so much enjoyed our visit there.

It's exciting to watch Jeff's progress. I recently picked up one of the pamplets talking about his trip at the local Wawa (convenience store for anyone not familiar with Wawa's...they're everywhere around here!).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2003, 06:53 PM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Karenann...

Thank you for the update and I am thrilled that you will be able to celebrate his birthday with him. What number is it????

The birthday card will be in the mail tomorrow.

Rosalie
Unread 10-12-2003, 07:08 PM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Hi Rosalie

My DH and I are not going to Denver. Just rented the room for Jeff at the Marriott, kinda like a birthday present. Although I wish I were going!!!
Thanks so much for sending him a card. It will be his 25th birthday.
We spoke with Jeff briefly tonight and the winds have kicked up again. Which has a way of slowing him down. It takes seven hours to go forty miles on the windy days. He will be sooo ready for the Marriott.

oxoxox karenann
Unread 10-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Got a card in the mail

or will in the a.m. hope it gets to Denver on time. I have Jeff's updates on my favorite places . My DH and DS have cycled on and off for years. Our son Journey did his 1st "century" ( 100 mi. in a day ) when he was 11 yrs old. Talk about a long day !!! for a Mom. I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. How proud you all must be and what a very special man.

my best to you all.
Unread 10-13-2003, 07:43 AM
A Biking Update on Jeff

Thanks for the update. Such a great young man. I can only imagine what a compasionate doctor he will make.

Here's a cyber for him.

Ruth S
Jeff
Unread 10-13-2003, 11:47 AM
A Biking Update on Jeff

My card's in the mail. I hope he gets a ton of them!

Karenann, thanks to you, too, for keeping us updated on his journey. You've only heard this about a thousand times: You must be so proud of him. And frankly, so are we!

God bless Jeff!
Unread 10-13-2003, 11:52 AM
A Biking Update on Jeff

not only did I send him a card, I also sent him a picture. Hope he saves it for you Karenann.

Rosalie
Unread 10-13-2003, 12:27 PM
A Biking Update on Jeff

karenann,

What a great surprise to read that Jeff loved Kansas. Having lived in this wonderful state all my life, it's nice to hear something positive about our State. I'd love to know which part he rode through in - north or south. Of course, I'd never want to live anywhere else.

Please wish him safe travels as he continues with his ride.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register