"Peaceful Easy Feeling" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Peaceful Easy Feeling" "Peaceful Easy Feeling"

Unread 10-11-2003, 11:31 PM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

Hi Ladies.

As some of you know by now, I've been pretty keyed up about my upcoming trip to the castle, despite the fact that it's still several weeks away. I've also been reading a lot on this site about pre-op jitters so I know I'm not alone.

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday. She had MAJOR abdominal surgery in May with a 6 week wait between the time it was scheduled and the actual surgery. (She's doing great, but so I digress...) She said it's soooo very normal to be nervous, anxious, etc. She was nervous for the whole six weeks, but then had what she described as "an incredible feeling of peace, calm and serenity" on the actual surgery date. She went to the hospital relaxed, calm and happy! Her hospital stay and recovery went great! I then recalled a similar feeling when I had gallbladder surgery several years ago...nervous for weeks and sudden calm and peace on the actual day. The nurses were marveling at my ability to joke and laugh moments before being wheeled into the O.R. It was wonderful! Has anyone else had this experience? If so, I wonder why this happens. (Personally I think I'd take the peace and calm during the waiting period and endure the nerves on the surgery day - LOL).

Jay-Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2003, 12:19 AM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

Well, Jay Jay.

...I always kinda figured that the good Lord had figured I'd done enough worrying and studying and just helped me to let it go.

Kind of like studying for the RN boards and studying and studying until I knew there was no more I could cram in my pea brain. And so the boards were calm, uneventful and peaceful.

(and passed with flying colors)

Both my other surgeries were the same way. I let go and that allowed the angels to step in and take over.

But I had to let go of everything.

Even the concept of living or dying

In Zen they have a saying:

The secret of Zen is two words,
Not always so

In Christianity there's a verse that says:

Consider the lillies of the field
they neither toil.....

by letting go we let all the prayers that
have been said on our behalf go to work

We let all the love that has been sent our way work its magic

we let God shoulder our fears and that gives us peace.

We make like a lilly and just are.

We cease to fight so hard to be in control of things we can't control

and when we cease that fight the Universe can work its magic.

Love

Diane
Unread 10-12-2003, 07:23 AM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

That's great for her..wish I could have had that feeling though. Even with meditation and Yoga i was a nervous wreck right up to being wheeled into the OR. But I don't sit well anyway...If I'm not doing I feel like time is being wasted. However once in the OR something went in my IV and HELLO KITTY I was in love then went right out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2003, 07:30 AM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

((( Jay-Jay)))

I was very nervous while waiting for my hyst last year. I did get calm the day before during my pre op. I guess because the wait was almost over and I was proceding forward. The calm lasted and I went into surgery peacefully (DH was grateful for that LOL ). I agree that it would have been nice to have the calm hit me sooner, but at least I did have a couple of days of it.

I stayed busy during my wait and that helped. I also took time for a little bit of fun - a movie and lunch with my DD and friends. Maybe something like that would help you too. Pampering can't come too early afterall!
best wishes.

s
Unread 10-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Calm and quiet

Hi Jay Jay ... I was scared and hyped up, before my tah. But the night before my tah for some reason I was calm as could be .. I think the old master, had something to do with it ..

Enjoli

~*Mary B*~
Unread 10-12-2003, 11:52 AM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

Ohmygosh! My surgery is tomorrow and I got on here today to see if anyone else had that calm feeling. I have been a wreck up until yesterday! All of a sudden I'm fine.

Hope it lasts until tomorrow!
Unread 10-12-2003, 12:28 PM
"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

Hi,

I never got that calm, peaceful feeling that some of the ladies talk about. I went into the OR waiting room with the biggest headached and as teary eyed as one could imagine. I was just as equally nervous before the surgery while I was waiting for my date to arrive.

My peace came as soon as they wheeled me into my room AFTER the surgery and it continues post-op. I have been a good princess, drining lots of water and getting lots of help from my DH.

At nearly 6 weeks post op I am feeling as good as I imagined I would and excited about the future.

Good luck with your surgery and use this site for information gathering, venting, and sharing. It has helped me tremendously. I know I would not be feeling this good without my hyster sisters.

Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register