Nightmare Dr. Visit:Pleeese Help Meee! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nightmare Dr. Visit:Pleeese Help Meee! Nightmare Dr. Visit:Pleeese Help Meee!

Unread 10-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Nightmare Dr. Visit:Pleeese Help Meee!

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible appointment. I would be frustrated if my doctor didn't know if he took my ovaries or not! Luckily I have a great GYN of 4 years and I can totally trust him.

I learned a big lesson a month and half ago. Persistence pays off. Be persistent, see another doctor to get another opinion. You need one that cares and one that really wants to help you. See, I was in the hospital after surgery and I was having chest pain and shortness of breath. I told every single nurse and doctor I came in contact with and no one was concerned.....I'm sure they got tired of my complaining. Finally, 24 hours later, my doctor said that since I was complaining, he would send me for a chest xray but he didn't expect to find anything, which he didn't. It wasn't until my blood pressure dropped that he finally took it seriously! They did a ct scan and found a blood clot in each lung! My point here is....you know your body and you know if something isn't right. You should seriously consider finding a new doctor that will help you get to the bottom of whether or not you have your ovaries. If I wasn't persistent in the hospital, I just might not be here. I learned from that that I don't care what a doctor thinks of me, if I think something is wrong, I will keep complaining until someone does something. In this case, it could have cost me my life! I also have made the decision that if I don't trust a doctor, then I will not go back to that doctor ever again.

There are very good doctor's out there that really want to help their patients. My wonderful GYN is still trying to treat my cyclic ovarian pain a year and a half after my hysterectomy. He was going to take my ovaries out, but after developing blood clots in my lungs, I never want to have another surgery again! So, I'm in a position where I might just have to live with the pain, but atleast I know my doctor is there for me and will help in any way he can.

Hang in there and let us know what happens 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
An update

It sure did help reading all of your posts. Yesterday I went to the AM/PM clinic to take another urine test to make sure that everything was o.k. in that department. They said that there was nothing wrong and I did not have any kidney or urinary tract infection. I did not have any trace of urine in my blood either. It really made me wonder about the nurse who told me she found a trace of blood in my urine the day before. Well, anyway, the night before my vistit to the AM/PM clinic I discovered an absess wisdom tooth. So at the the clinic they gave me some antibiotics for a few days and I will call the dentist and get an apointment in and let him know about the antibiotics. I also got an appointment at a women's clinic in Midwest City next week. The hopital told me I could have my reports for free when they heard the reason why I wanted them. I will bring all the important information with me to new docter. I'm so glad that I did not agree to all the medication my my former doctor was trying to give me or to the dye in the veins for my kidney and back. I know that I know that something isn't right in the female department. But, Anyway I feel much better knowing I have an appointment at a place next week that many women recomended. I will let you all know how it goes.
Unread 10-15-2003, 01:10 PM

Im really glad your urine test came out clear. Oh my I was wigging out when I heard the symptoms you were having. It brought back terrible memories. Im so glad youre OK with that situation....and Im glad you have another Doc lined up for the second opinion too!!

Take care and FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Wigging Out

I have not heard the term wigging out in a while and it made me smile. I usually say I was freaking out. I used to say wigging out and I enjoyed reading that term again. I think that I'll say it too. I'm wigging out a little about wondering what the ovary situation is. I told my dh that I was going to be mad if I really do have a left ovary (like I was originally told that I had both ovaries) because my former Dr. told me that I couldn't be hurting there because she took my left ovary out. And even if she did and I'm having sharp pains where I thought there was an ovary, something still isn't right. Well, the wait continues until next week. I was actually surprised that they were willing to see me that soon though. This website is wonderful and I pray that I can be of support like people have been a support to me.
Unread 10-15-2003, 02:53 PM

So glad to hear you are getting a second opinion an that your urine culture was clear. You owe it to yourself to have a doctor you can trust.

Keep us posted and take care of that tooth.
Unread 10-15-2003, 04:36 PM

Cathleen
I am so sorry you are having so much pain. And sorry about your GYN.She sounds like a mess her self. I guess I have been blessed, I had the same GYN sence I was 15 years old. He was a really great Dr. He retired just 7 months ago. I have a new one now and he is really good also. But it takes a while to get to know a new dr and have the trust that you had with your old one.
I wish you all the luck. Hope you get better and get some answers soon.

HUGS
Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register