5-Week 6-Week Post-Op Check | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5-Week 6-Week Post-Op Check 5-Week 6-Week Post-Op Check

Unread 10-14-2003, 10:56 AM
5-Week 6-Week Post-Op Check

My six-week check-up was scheduled at the 5-week mark. My doctor said all the interior stitches were gone (and I never *saw* any of them come out, which I was expecting!) IShe had put all my stitches on the incision inside, so just had little nubs at each end, which she just flicked off. I asked her about going back to work and she said, "When do you want to go?" Since "never" wasn't an option, I chose next Tuesday (today would be six weeks, when I was somewhat scheduled to go back). I told her next Tuesday, half-days the first week and she was agreeable.

I'm sneaking off to Florida tomorrow to visit my daughter prior to having to go back. My normal treks around Disneyworld will be slower, involving a lot more sitting and looking. No bumpy rides!

I am truly feeling okay, but not wonderful. I am up to walking 2 miles at a time now. My belly, however, is like a bowl of jelly and when I lay on the bed, it beats me to the mattress I'm hoping to get up to my 3 miles a day and back on WW as soon as I get to work.

I am still sleeping 9 hours a night -- the surgery for me was a SNAP, but the bacterial infection 2 weeks afterwards *really* wiped me out!

Doctor told me I don't have to see her for a year, but can send her pictures of me having fun. I *love* this doctor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2003, 12:26 PM
5-Week 6-Week Post-Op Check

Congratulations swandiver! Remember to continue to let us all know how you are doing. I am so glad to hear you are fine and back on your feet. Take good care of the "new" you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register