More Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-14-2003, 02:58 PM
More surgery

Hi ladies!
It's been a while since I've been here. The last time (Jan 2002), I got to keep my ovaries. This time, due to excessive scarring, chronic pain and endometirosis.....out they come!!
Who else has had this happen?
I've had 2 c-sections, tubal, lap for gallbladder, and TAH, kept ovaries.
It'd be great to hear that someone else has done this and is now pain free.

Thanks!
Dixz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 04:50 AM
More Surgery

Hi Dixz!

I'm so sorry you have to go through more surgery.

I know there are others who have had to go back to have the ovaries removed. I'm sure someone will be along soon to let you know how they are doing.

Best wishes and s
Unread 10-15-2003, 06:05 AM
Thanks

Thanks Mary Lou,
I'm searching the boards for them now. LOL Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 06:13 AM
More Surgery

Dixz

Sorry to hear about you needing more surgery ... heres a to keep you going ....
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Toni

Thanks for the hug!
((((HUGS))) to you too! It hasn't been that long for you. I hope you're doing well.
Dixz
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:47 PM
More Surgery

Dear Dixz...

I am in the same boat...("ovary-wise" )

Your history sounds sort of like mine. I have had multiple laps for endo, 2 c-sections (1994 and 2001), RSO in 1999, and the TAH in 2002... I am in more pain now than I have been in since 1999 when I finally found a little relief after having the RSO and some endo and adeno removed. I just recently went to the Mayo clinic in Scottsdale and the doctors there think I still have endometriosis . The surgeon told me that even if "leftie" (my left ovary) looks OK he should remove it if he finds any endo anywhere. I am finding it a distressing thought.

It doesn't seem like I am being very helpful. I'm so sorry

When I had my right ovary removed, the surgeon removed it by laparascopy and it was not a bad surgery... especially compared to the TAH. I hope that your doctor is able to do everything with a laparascopy.

Are you having alot of pain? Is that the reason for the BSO? Do you have cysts? My big symptom is constant pain... like 24x7 and it has become distressing most days and disabling on a few. I have been on continous BCPs and it has only helped a little unfortunately.... but I did discover they were actually helping when I missed one and was bent over in pain later the next day.

Well... I'll be here on the "road" looking for news from you. I will be anxious to find out how it goes and how you feel afterwards. My surgery looks to be at the end of November right now.

Best wishes for a highly successful outcome Dixz!! with no complications too.

Sarah
Unread 10-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Our histories are alike. Wow! Poor you!
My TAH was supposed to take care of endo and adeno. We left my ovaries because of my age. We were being positive. LOL
Yes, I'm in pain 24-7 as well. I'm allergic to BCPs so, that was not an option. For now, pain meds, phenagran and lots of laughs are getting me to that wonderful date. My endo decided to wrap and cover the excessive scarring from the previous "dates."
I'm either driving or on my feet all day, so I've decided I'm ready. I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol when I'm driving. LOL
Hang in there, I see a pain free (or almost) Christmas for us! I'll see you on the "road"!!

~Dixz
Unread 10-16-2003, 10:05 PM
More Surgery

Dear Dixz,

Yes, I agree with the "attitude" part of it wholeheartedly ... some days it is harder than other days though.

Maybe you have seen this before but it is helpful to me..(I think I saw it on this site originally too!)

"Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce."

Lately I have been feeling that need to

Keep me posted... we can "hold each others hands" through our respective experiences!

Sarah
Unread 10-18-2003, 07:29 AM
More Surgery

Hi Dixz,

Wow.....your story sounds hauntingly familiar. I too am getting ready for surgery to remove both ovaries. My surgery is scheduled for October 29th. I had a LAVH in January of this year and I had surgery last October (Halloween Day) for removal of adhesions. So.....here I am again.....almost one year to the exact day and I'm going for my third surgery.

I had been doing so well for the first 4 or 5 months after the LAVH.....then....bam.....the same pain as before the hysterectomy. I've been to the Dr. 15 times within the last month. Finally........A diagnosis of recurring cysts on the ovaries that rupture and cause excruiating pain for days sometimes.

During the past month, I've been diagnosed with internal thrombosed hemmroids, an anal fissure, a tear up inside the vaginal wall which caused vaginal bleeding.....God only knows how that happened.....cause there certainly hasn't been anything up there.....a UTI, had a colonoscopy done with removal of polyps...they were benign thank goodness....a CT scan which showed a 5cm right ovarian cyst........and a couple of days after that, pain so bad that I couldn't move.......another CT scan which showed that the cyst had ruptured.....and now just yesterday.....another UTI and Broncitius (sp). I feel like I'm falling all to pieces.

So....needless to say....my physician has ordered me to bedrest for the next week.......and then the following week.....the surgery to remove both ovaries.

It certainly helps to find others on the road who are going through the same things that you are. I wish you all the best. Hang in there......as the old saying goes.....when the going gets tough.....the tough get going.

I haven't posted in a long time and it's so comforting to be able to come back here......to share....to cry....to find comfort.

Love to you all.

Terry
Unread 10-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Support

Hi,
I guess I'm also a member of the "lose your ovary club" post-hyst. I remember thinking when the doctor said he would leave my one good ovary that I would end up with problems down the road, and sure enough I did. This has been a long hard road for sure. I hope you can be pain free by Christmas. We could all use some brighter days ahead. Are you taking HRT? I'm suppossed to start Climara, and see my new gyn on 10/22 to have staples taken out. I'm afraid of hormones, but also afraid not to have them. I'm still not sure how I feel or what I'm going to do. I will keep you and all of the sisters here dealing with this in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register