I want to do a poll now too,lol.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want to do a poll now too,lol.... I want to do a poll now too,lol....

Unread 10-16-2003, 12:11 AM
I want to do a poll now too,lol....

How many ladies have tattoos??I got my first on july 28 one day after my 35th b day!!!! I got a moon and sun face blended.. male is the moon female is the sun with pretty squiggly lines and stars running across the outer sides what looks like fire coming out all around the faces part..I LOVE IT!!!!!Its on my belly right beneath my bellybutton.7 inches across and 3inches long from navel down...I asked the doc to please not cut my tatt unless she had no choice..I was a happy girl to see it was ok when i was able to look,LOL.I think these are addictive.D/H asked me the other day what i want for christmas..Guess what i said????LOL.Thats right i want another one...as of now i am thinkin about having one put on my lower right leg..It took me 1 yr to decide on this ..so maybe this christmas, maybe next but i will get it done!!!!!I only want 2 more as of now,lolcurious as to how many responses this gets..
Kell Bell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 08:16 AM

Yours sounds cute!

Ok, you can laugh at me...I am too scared to get a tattoo, but everytime we go to the fair or theme park or whatever, I get a fake one put on!
The kids think I am dorkus extremus for wearing a fake but I get a kick out of the whole thing.
I now dress with the idea in mind...sleeveless top so I can put it on my arm, whatever.

Can't wait to read the replies from you "real" women!
(as opposed to this chicken girl!)

xena
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Hi Xena

I was also chicken and did exactally what you do at fairs ETc..LOL.Its normal and idont think it made me any tougher getting one,LOL.I just love them and have been prepping hubby for a few years about it.When he said go ahead one yr ago.I chickened out!!!LOL.I never forgot about it though...Since i was having one heck of a hard time turning 29 for the 6th time..LMAO.I decided to give my self a gift and something challenging to look frwd to..I cant say it felt good,LOL.I always use the ole mind over matter when im nervous about any kind of pain.It wasnt bad i am gonna get another.LOL..It is like a lil burning sens then i went numb.We took a break once the outline was finished{it took 2 hrs total} .When i came back i had a lil more feeling but the breathe in breathe out technique did great for me!!I love body art and piercing but hubby isnt going for any of that anytime soon..I have 10 holes in my ears..no where else though..I would do my bellybutton but he thinks its not cool on a mom!!He also had same thoughts on my belly tatt..HHEHHee..That one may take some time,LOl.Have a great day!!
Kell Bell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 10:18 AM

There was a thread on this subject but it must have gotten lost during the server problems.
Anyway, I want a tattoo of a Lamb and Lion. DD and I are planning to get one in celebration of her 18th b-day and graduation next year.
What do you look for in a reputable tattoo place?
Unread 10-19-2003, 05:08 PM

I have been wanting one and almost got one in August. Problem is my work has a dress code that prohibits it from being visible so it would have to be somewhere that I would never show at work. Unfortunately that eliminates where I wanted it - just above my ankle. I couldn't talk myself into and my BF wasn't helping. So I got my ear pierced a 3rd time instead. My BF got her belly button pierced at the same time. One of these days...
Unread 10-19-2003, 05:29 PM

You Ladies are brave, I thought of getting a on my back side, but after giving it some thought... when I'm 80 that tattoo would of turned from happy, happy to OR worse . GRAVITY IS NOT MY FRIEND !!
Unread 10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
RE: Tattoos!!

I got my first tattoo on my hip in 1989, I was 34,another the next day on my upper calf, 2 years later I had one placed under the heart on my calf, it is of a Nordic Warrior looking up at a butterfly, I did it in memory of my brother because he was no longer here to have it done & it was one he wanted. In 1997 after having lost both of my parents, a sister in 1982 , my brother in 1991, a niece & nephew in 1980, I designed a memorial to my "lost" family members, 4 butterflies (them) coming out of a cracked heart (mine), nestled in 2 morning glories (the babies) with ribbons trailing from the morning glories , 6 of them each inscribed with one of their names and this I wear very proudly on my chest, over my heart. I have always only received complements on all of them.. That was after I had my navel pierced for the 1st time 1 month before. I say for the 1st time because when I had my hysterectomy in 2001 TAH/BSO I had to let it close. My 3 yo granddaughter misses the pink sapphire & dia. star I used to wear, so I HAVE to have it repierced!! I am a VERY young 48 yo grandmother so I am not done with tattoos or piercing. My next tatt will represent Aids awareness & after that I plan on a flowered vine & hummingbirds climbing up my back. Because all of my tattoos have been done in a memory I have been lucky that NONE have hurt.
Unread 10-19-2003, 09:32 PM

I read the last thread on this and never posted (I mainly only stay on the BEST forum), but thought I'd jump in this time!

I have 2 tattoo's and didn't get my first one until I was 35. I had my hyst. at 34 and a really rough year of pain and other issues after that, so the tatt was to celebrate the rough year being behind me and having control over my body again!
My good friend is a minister and very level-headed, so I took her with me so they wouldn't talk me into something wild (or talk me out of what I wanted, which they tried to). Anyway, I have a violet and vines coming from it at the base of my back. My grandma's name was Violet and it is my birth flower - has strong connections for me.
I thought a long time about where to have it done and finally decided that in that location no one would see it unless I wanted them to and, it was a spot least likely to sag!!!
After having that one for a year and loving it so much, I decided I WANTED people to be able to see my tattoo, so I had another one on my right shoulder blade. It's a turtle that looks like it's climbing up and over my shoulder. Both are very small and the turtle only shows in swimsuits and certain tops.

I love them and don't regret it one bit, but my friend (who went with me for the second one, too) told me that two was fine, but after that, it just got weird! Ha!

And I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but it HURT like nobody's business and I'm pretty pain-tolerant! The one at the small of my back was really painful as it was right on the bone, so if anyone is considering one, here's my advice:

1) As for finding a reputable place, I emailed a D.J. at a local radio station that I knew had a lot of tattoos and asked him. He suggested a couple places and I checked them both out. Most of them don't look like beauty salons, but what you're looking for is clean, sanitary conditions. Ask to see the work area before you agree to anything!
2) As for location on your body, as I said earlier, consider where it appeals to you the most, but also will it cause problems with work now or in the future, could it be easily covered if need be and also, certain locations are just much more uncomfortable. The one on my shoulder hurt, but not nearly as much as the small of my back!

Gee, all that just to say I have two tattoos! Guess when I finally decide to talk about them, theirs no shutting me up!

Xena - you're not a chicken (okay, maybe a little bit), but I also know firsthand that you're a cool chick and not a dorkus extremus!
Unread 10-20-2003, 07:09 PM

I have considered getting a tattoo---however, I am a blood donor (about 3 times a year), and it's my undertanding I cannot donate if I have recently gotten a tattoo

My daughter on the other hand, has two beautiful tattoos---one is a daisy chain around her ankle, the other is a lovely chinese "love" symbol on her lower middle back.

My Sister-in Law had a tattoo put on her hip a few years back. She is an IronMan triathelete and competes every year---she had an IronMan symbol tattoed on her hip----she is the ripe old age of 59!
Unread 10-22-2003, 03:53 PM

Well, It all started when I was 18 a cute little rose on my left shoulder with my husband and daughters initials. That's when it all began I was hooked. I am 28 and I now have 10. I just had the little rose covered up for my last B-day. I am no longer married to that BOY!
I have a dark green rose covering the little rose and a butterfly with a rose in the wing on my left shoulder, a peacock on my left butt cheek, a cherry with a bite taken out of it and the words that say Gone Forever in my bikini area, Bugs bunny on my right ankle, a chain with green heart around my left ankle, a butterfly and Japanese calligraphy on my left toe, and 2 hearts on my ring finger under my wedding band.
My goal now is to get 1 on my lower back of a Fairy by Amy Brown.
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
She has a site of tattoos some ladies have had done. (GREAT!)

Well, that's my addiction.
I have a few friends that do tattoo work so it all works well for me.

Oh, I have had my belly button peirced twice. The bottom one was closed when I had my tubal so I had the top done and have managed to save it through all my other surgeries.

My DH use to say I was guady till he started getting tattoos now he loves mine and wants more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register