Worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-17-2003, 03:46 AM
Worried

Hi

I have an appointment this afternoon to try and sort out my 'leak' I am having a caffita inserted and my bladder filled so that they can see if and where a whole is.

I am really worried about this as it sounds as if it could be very embarrising to me. - also what am I going to do if they still say that they can not find a whole!

Today I have also had a couple letters - one from the insurance company saything that visiting my Dr is classed as 'out patience' and we have to pay! and one from the hospital saying that my insurance company still have not paid them! I did not need this this morning!

Bye for now, Diana:confuse:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2003, 05:27 AM
insurance issues

Talk to your Dr. about the insurance issues. When I got home from the hospital there was a letter from my insurance company stating that they had decided my surgery was not necessary medically. I called the Dr. office the next day and asked what I needed to do about this, and the nurse had the Dr. call me. He told me not to worry about it-he had taken care of everything prior to the surgery, and the letter I had received was sent before he talked to them. A lot has to do with the way things are worded by the dr.
Kathy
Unread 10-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Worried

Hi Diana!!!

I'm on the same road as you but I'm still waiting for an appointment to see a dr. for the tests. I know what you mean by being worried... I am too!!!

I've done lots of reading about this stuff by doing a search under 'fistula'. (The hole is called a 'fistula'). There's information on the 'Road Less Travelled' too from other sisters who have gone through the tests already & they tell about how the tests are done exactly and what to expect.

It's amazing how insensitive the insurance companies can be! I'd take Kathy's advice and mention this to your dr as maybe he can do something so that the test would be covered.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know what happens with the test & email me anytime if you want to talk, ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2003, 03:36 AM
After Dr vist and tests!

Hi

Thanks for the replies!

The test I had yesterday afternoon prooved that a hole existed! At last they believe me!

I am going in (hopefully) on Monday for the dr to look at my bladder. Im not to drink anything after 6.00am on Monday morning and wait for his call! He will then be able to see where and how big the hole is. As yet he has not seen the results of the test, he has only had a verbal report.

At the moment he is saying that a catherta is the way to go, but I want it repaired. I know this means surgery but I have not had a full bladder for 5 weeks and it has not repaired itself so far!

I am so fed up not being able to go out - the furthest I can travel is approx 10 miles and perhaps walk around for 20 mins at a time without having to go to the loo! With a catheta I would not go out at all! They are not comfortable and the idea is not pleasent - he is talking about me having one for 2 - 3 weeks!

At this rate if it did not repair itself I will not be that well at Xmas! I have already had to cancel my summer holiday for this - I really thought after 8 weeks I would be well!

All my life my periods have ruled my life, right from the age of 11 1/2 - now because my Dr has made a mistake and cut a hole in my bladder, Im still having my health rule me - I dont know whether to shout or cry ! :cry:

Bye for now, Diana
Unread 10-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Worried

Hi Diana! I've moved your post over here to the Road Less Traveled board so the other ladies who've been through the 'fistula experience' can find you more easily.

If you do a search here for posts with 'fistula' in the title you will find tons of threads (unfortunately ) about everyone's experiences.

Shout, cry, do whatever you feel like doing... it is a frustrating thing to have continuing problems after your hysterectomy. You're not alone here... many of us have been there or are still there with you.

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-20-2003, 09:58 AM
Worried & nervious

Hi

Have been to the Hospital this morning - the fistula is the size of a matchhead! The Dr contacted my Insurance co. and they faxed through the paperwork - so no problems there.

All being well I will be going in on Thursday morning at 7.30 am to have the op to repair it. They are using the same cut as the hyst - longer to recover but a better success rate.

I know it sounds silly, but I am more nervious about this than the Hyst - I felt sick this morning before the appointment.

Thanks for all your concirn.

Bye for now, Diana
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Worried

Hi Diana...

I can relate to the insurance issues... and being more fearful of surgery.

I don't have a fistula but have surgery scheduled at the end of November for my continuing pain problem... I am finding myself feeling very worried about this surgery. I think the more you have had surgery the worse it gets because you know what it can be like afterwards AND because you have also been in the small majority whose surgery caused further complications... I think that is my biggest worry about more surgery... that it will cause some other problem while trying to fix my current problem.

The insurance can be such a headache. I am glad you were able to get everything worked out.

Best wishes for a great outcome from your surgery.

Sarah
Unread 10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Worried

Diana:

Good to hear that you're going to get this fixed now. I know it's scary, having to do this again..but in the end, you will be DRY!! It's a long road, isn't it..but you will get through it and we are all here for you!!!!

You are in my thoughts and I'm wishing you all the best for a great recovery!!
Unread 10-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Worried

Hi, Diana
I had my fistula repair surgery in September, my hole was also not very large. If the surgery is successfull you 'll be back to your normal life in a few weeks . It depends on how your surgery is done - vaginaly or abdominaly. Mine was done vaginaly, and after all the catheters were removed , that took almost 4 weeks, I was good to go.
I totally understand your emotions, I was also terrified, worried enormosly. But everything seems to be fine now. I went back to work p/t. I still work most of the time from home.
Good luck to you , I am thinking about you.
Please keep us posted.

Maria
Unread 10-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Worried

Hi

Thanks for your concirn and good wishes.

Yes I think Im so worried because it is so close to the last op ! I remember saying to my Husband when I left hospital, that I did not ever want another operation!

Every operation I have had over the years has been a longer one. When I woke up in the recovery place the nurses kept asking me questions - all I wanted was to go back to sleep! It was so much effort to answer them - I seemed so short of breath. It is thinking about that now, not really wanting to go through that experiance again.

I just keep thinking - well I will be 'dry' again - I have to go through with this - it can only get better from now on.

Bye for now, Diana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register