post total abd hyst prolapse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post total abd hyst  prolapse post total abd hyst prolapse

Unread 10-19-2003, 09:19 AM
post total abd hyst prolapse

Hi, My name is Kathy and I am new to the forum. I promise to keep the question as short as possible. I live in Ontario and 10 years ago had the above surgery along with a pelvic floor repair. I have had chronic pelvic pain since and further surgeries. I also have recently diagnosed Interstitial Cystitis, which is the cause of most of my pain. I have proplapsed once again. The vaginal wall has become visible at the labia. I feel the heaviness and pain and have incontinence from both bladder and bowel.
the problem is I can't even get to see a gyne until February of next year. The family Dr just told me to rest and do kegals till then. I feel as though I am losing my insides when I walk and can feel the air drying the vaginal wall. Will it get worse the more I stand up and walk? I don't want to make it worse but I also can't sit here on the bed till February either!!!
Please can someone tell me what my level of activity should be and will it all fall lower? I don't have a uterus or cervix.
Thanks ladies for listening
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2003, 02:30 PM
post total abd hyst prolapse

((((Kathy)))) Welcome to Hyster Sister I'm so sorry that you found us because you're having all of these problems

I had my hyst to remove a very large fibroid and to repair a rectocele (rectum prolapsing into the vagina). I remember very well that feeling of having my insides falling out as I stood and walked. Thankfully, in my case, I was able to see my gyn within a month of finding the "bulge" in the entrance of the vagina and had my surgery 3 months later. Is there any possibility of advancing your appointment with your GYN? Sometimes it's possible to get in on a cancellation list.

At the time, all my gyn said was to avoid lifting and straining, in order to avoid making the prolapse worse. There were no warnings about walking or carrying normal, day-to-day activities.

While Kegals might help with an early stage prolapse, I doubt that they will do much good with stage 3 or stage 4 polapse Here's a link to valuable resources on Prolapse. You might find answers to your questions there: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=76074

This is a link to resources on Kegals: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=79528

Hopefully you'll have some answers real soon. Please keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register