Chiropractic care | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chiropractic care Chiropractic care

Unread 10-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Chiropractic care

Just wanted to let everyone know that at 4 weeks post-op, my doctor approved me going back for Chiropractic care; which I had been receiving 2 to 3 times a week prior to my surgery for lower lumber pain and a hip that is out of whack.

To say I was a wee bit nervous is an understatement when I layed on the table early this evening. But my Chiro is a female and she is excellent with her care of patients. She knew I had gone in for this surgery and took extra special care and was sensitive to what areas may still be painful for me.

She made the adjustments as needed and I still had some leg pain (yesterday I could barely walk on my left leg) and was going to do one more adjustment. She had me lay back down on the table on my belly to do a pelvic push to try to alleviate the pain I still felt in my upper left thigh; when she realized NOPE, cannot do that adjustment. She laughed and said get off the table lady, this one will have to wait, I'm not going to push there in case it causes you pain. I must admit the adjustments went just fine and were no problem, considering I'm only 4 weeks post-op.

I'll be going back again on Thursday for another adjustment, as my hip does not lock into place going on a regular basis, let alone being away from Chiro care for over a month now. But I'm thrilled I was allowed to go back. At least my lower back won't be in the agony it's been in since 9/15/03, as I discontinued treatment the week prior to this.

So if you are under Chiro care and need to go back, make sure you check with your doctor to ensure it is safe to do so at whatever point you are at with your recuperation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Chiropractic care

That wasthe first question I asked my at my 2wks post-op visit and he said any time I feel like it provided he did not do anything to hurt the abdominal area. I always have neck adjustments and shoulder message but I just ahven't felt like the car ride to his office yet and I am 4 wks post op - I am doing well but car rides are still rough for me and we live in the country and his office is 30 minutes away. When I feel up to it that is one of the first places I am heading ! ! !

Blessings to you in your recovery - Toot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register