cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:05 AM
cervix

Hi everyone, Just need some feedback about cin 3. I had TAH sept 8th. At my check up recently I was told that I needed a smear. I was shocked because nurse said I still had a cervix. I told her there must me some mistake as I had had a hyster and the problem was my cervix and was removed. I didn't see my gynae because he had to rush to an emergency however, the colposcopy called me next day to try and explain. As she is not a surgeon she did her best to tell me what was on my chart. My gynae removed two thirds of my cervix but was unable to remove the entire cervix because of some surgical problems so I still need close follow up. I am feeling very upset because that was the reason for the hysterectomy. I feel like I am back where I started. I will see gynae next weekand have a lot of questions that need answering. Has anyone else had this problem? BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
cervix

BB,

I know you must be upset over the recent discovery that you still have part of your cervix! I cannot believe that your doctor would not have told you about that before, like in the hospital after your surgery! That is not just a small detail for him to have not told you, since this was the reason you were having your surgery (cervix)! That seems a little crazy to me! It has been over 1 month since your surgery, you would think you might have known this information before now. Have you gotten a copy of your pathology and surgical report? This would be a good idea for you to have, prior to your meeting with your doctor.
Let us know how you are doing.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 10-29-2003, 10:44 AM
cervix

Hi bb45:

I would be very upset too. That seems like significant patient information for someone with CIN3.

I am waiting (3 wks) for my cone biopsy results for recurrent dysplasia. Am considering a TVH in the new year. Still deciding if its the right thing to do.

Please let us (especially those with CIN) what the reasons were. It might be helpful to others facing surgery too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2003, 06:35 AM
cervix

Just to let you know, I saw the gynae yesterday. The reason he left some of my cervix in was because he said the operation was quite difficult and it would have been dangerous for me if he removed the lower part of my cervix. Also he said that he is confident that he removed all the cin 3 which was located futher up in my cervix.and that hte lower part never had abnormal cells. Although it was not the ideal situation he said he also found endometreosis and adenomyosis as well as numerous fibroids. So looking at the whole picture he feels the hyster was the right decision. I will have regular follow up for the next year and if things go well then he will discharge me back to my G.P. Thanks for your support.
Bernadette.
Unread 11-02-2003, 11:17 AM
cervix

Bernadette-

I may have read your last post incorrectly, but did you say that your doctor will only be seeing you once within the next year? I'm sure the doctor feels comfortable that he/she got all of the bad cells, but I wonder why you wouldn't be monitored a bit more frequently that first year?
Unread 11-02-2003, 11:38 AM
cervix

Hiya

What i dont understand is why your gyne said it would be 'dangerous' to remove the lower part of your cervix?? Sorry but without a pathology report i dont see how he could possibly know he has got the 'baddies' out. I hope you havent made my mistake and stuck with a 'gyne' when you should be with a gyne/onc. Just a thought.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register