The big day- Nov 17th Anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The big day- Nov 17th Anyone else? The big day- Nov 17th Anyone else?

Unread 10-26-2003, 10:38 AM
The big day- Nov 17th Anyone else?

Hello from Oklahoma
Just wanted to see if anyone else has a castle date on November 17th. I will add you to my prayer list. Of course I am on there too! Not that all of you other ladies are not already there. My list just keeps getting longer. When I go to mass I am lighting a candle for all of us!
Best Wishes
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2003, 11:08 AM

Hi Jasmine,

To find out who's having surgery on the same day as you, click onto the calendar link (see the links underneath the HS logo at top left?) Then scroll down to the bottom and change the month to November, click onto the surgery link on the 17th, and you'll see all the November 17th (who have entered their surgery date into their profile).

Hope this helps.

's
Unread 10-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Not sure

Hey Jan,
Right now that's my date with the castle too, unless I can get it moved up. I see the doc on Wed for my post-op (they had to do a hysterscopy and pelviscopy on Mon the 20th). He said he wanted to do it right away but his office said he didn't say that
So I'll talk to him Wed. I also have a lot of questions for him since I've been reading a lot on this site! Until then, I'll be praying for all of us!
Jean from OHio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2003, 10:05 PM

Hi Jasmine..

I enter the Castle on November 17th as well! I am not sure if I will have a TAH or TVH yet.. I dont think they will know till Im on the table either.

Good luck on the 17th... think of me, and I will think of you too
Unread 10-31-2003, 06:14 PM
Shared Date

I am definitely on for the 17th so we'll all be punctured princesses about the same time.

I'm not too anxious at this point about the surgery, but I'm not looking forward to the recovery period. The doc mentioned that I should be able to go to school about 2-2 1/2 weeks post-op. I'm having a TVH and I want to be as optimistic as him but...

In any case, I'll be glad that there are others who will share the day with me!

s

Jean
Unread 11-01-2003, 08:52 PM

I too will be making the trip to the castle on Nov 17th....

You'd think I would be ready for this, my mother had her hyst last October and my aunt the year before....but there are still so many things that scare me.

Best wishes to you and all the others facing this...

Fairy
Unread 11-02-2003, 01:48 AM

I'll be there at the castle, too.

I only wish I could kick the removed organs to the curb where they belong. Good luck to all of us.....

A toast to our dreams coming true, post op!
Unread 11-11-2003, 11:49 PM
the 17th

Me too, and even tho I am here reading post, I can't sleep tonight and I am getting more and more scared!
Unread 11-12-2003, 05:21 PM
november 17

had to see a hemotologist today for the factor v leiden mutation (blood disease) that i have. come to find out my body is not responsive to the coumadin that i have been shoving down my throat for the past 7 years!! i am currently taking 25 mgs daily, yes i said 25 mgs., not a typo LOL. now i will have to be admitted on sunday to get a heparin iv going. surgery will be on the 17th in the a.m. don't really know how exactly i am feeling about all of this. sometimes i am ecstatic about being off work for the holidays and other times i just feel so scared about the whole thing. i have too many mood swings and i still have my ovaries!! hate to see what i'll be like after the surgery. my doc says i'll have to stay a couple of extra days to make sure my blood level is good before i can be discharged.
they gave me the choice between staying awake with a spinal or being put completely out. i opted for the second. i hope i made the right choice. that is the part i think i am most afraid of. i wonder if i can change my mind before the surgery.
thank you all for letting me vent. i appreciate it very much!!
Unread 11-12-2003, 06:08 PM

I am also becoming increasingly more nervous with each moment closer to the date. I am stressed out big time cuz there is so much to do yet I dont have the energy to do it. I feel like the world is on my shoulders right now.

I have anxiety disorder on top of it all and I cant figure out if my problem (as of now) is anxiety due to upcoming surgery (as I get a flow of adreinalin typing that) or just anxiety in general.

At least I am ok for Thanksgiving. My friend and her family are going to be here cooking. I should say she is more than a friend. Her oldest child who is almost 24 and my 2 oldest children, 21 and 19 have the same dad. Her youngest daughter and my youngest daughter are most likely blood related through cousins as well. I would say we are family

Tomorrow is my pre op appt. I am assuming they will take viles of blood and give me the ole vagi check. I have SO many questions and I wrote some down and completely blocked some out before I had a chance to write it down.

I am not sure if I want to be out or just in a twighlight kind of sleep. I dont know if they even give me the option. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I still have to go out and buy my princess supplies. That on top of cleaning this house from one end to the other. NOT an easy thing to do with 3 active boys running around. The dog and cats dont help either!

I just want to be able to come home from the castle and be comfortable ... if I want to lay around in the livingroom with a fire going in the fireplace or whether I want to lay in bed with a good movie... or sleep... and Im stressing out on how much I should walk. Not sure how Im going to be able to leave the house for long on foot.. my husband isnt supposed to walk more than 1/4 a mile a day.. he has a bad knee. I cant walk my dog.. she would drag me down the street. But I wont walk alone. Hope my kids are willing to take mom walking!

I am sure I will post ALOT on sunday unless I get so nervous that I have to stay in bed (that happens to me lots of times too)

Good luck 17th ladies. I will definately post after I come home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register