The stretch marks are STRETCHING | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The stretch marks are STRETCHING The stretch marks are STRETCHING

Unread 10-27-2003, 09:35 AM
The stretch marks are STRETCHING

Morning all!
And let the grumbling begin...
In 2 hours I will be 5 weeks post op. I have has struggles throughout this whole adventure, and getting mighty tired of it. I did have a hematoma 14 hours after surgery and then the horrible bleeding from the incision until early last week and terrible swelling below the incision. NOW I am so swelled up that the stretch marks that I got with my first child 19 1/2 years ago have started to stretch even further.
I promise I have been a good princess, I have read 20 novels to date, walking and drinking so much water that the water truck has to come every week and a half instead of every 2 weeks. My family is doing the cleaning and carrying and everything else being the that they are.
Last evening, I was soooo big and the swelling was making it difficult to pee! I will be calling my doctor as soon as the office is open as I am sure that the intense hot feeling and swelling is just not right. I have used an ice bag to no avail.
Has anyone had this happen. I am starting to think that my body is plotting against me in the healing process. It is really getting old.
My doc told me that complications like I have had only happen 1 in half a million, but why me
Please, if anyone has had this happen, let me know, I am starting to lose my mind.
Lorri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Update

Hi I just called my doctors office and he is on holidays until the 3rd week of November. His secretary said that no one is handling his calls. I guess this is something I will handle alone.
Lorri
Unread 10-27-2003, 11:21 AM

Are there no other OB-GYN in the area to call and ask? NO ONE is taking his/her patients for another two weeks? Sounds odd. Can you call your primary care physician and ask?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2003, 11:25 AM

My GP said that he does not deal with anything surgery related and I need to see my Gyn. There are other Gyn's in the city, but they will not see you unless referred and that takes about 1 - 2 month to get in.
I don't know what to do...
Unread 10-27-2003, 12:12 PM

Lorri,

If you can't get a doctor to see you maybe you should go to emergency..the problems you are descriving don't sound good at all.

Keep in touch and let us know what happens. I hope it works out o.k.
Unread 10-27-2003, 06:41 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that I went to a dear friends house (who is an RN) and had her look at what was going on. She poked and prodded a bit and then rushed me to the hospital.
Upon arrival, I was wisked to a room and the 2 doctors looked and immediately an IV was started. It turns out that I have a staph infection under the incision and a small blood clot in my leg. I am now on 3 different type of antibiotics and if by thursday the swelling doesn't start to go down I will be back in the hospital where they will open me up and insert a drain of some sort.
Betsy and Mookie, thank you so much for your posts. you are 's
I also want to apologize as I am guilty of posting some of the not so good stuff. Ladies in waiting, I truly apologize to you. It is not my intentions to add stress and fear to you as you await your surgery. I have found that there are few people that understand and the wonderful ladies at Hyster sisters do. It is often for moral support and just a cyber hug that some of us need as we deal with these strange happenings.
Lorri
Unread 10-27-2003, 07:00 PM

Lorri,

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. Sorry you had to go through so much to get there, though.

As for apologizing for posting less than sunshine and light posts....I think it's better to be honest. You weren't being a drama queen, you were stating that you had a problem and you told us how it was solved. I, myself, read both pre and post op boards before my castle visit. At about 7 days post op, I ended up with a seroma. Thanks to reading both boards, I knew what was going on. I called the doctor, told him what was happening and what I had done to take care of it. He had me come in the next day. When I got there, he told me I was one of the best patients he'd ever had because I was so informed and didn't panic. He doesn't like to have patients sit in ER unnecessarily, which is where I'd have gone if I hadn't read about seromas here.

So, as long as we are posting about issues which come up in a factual way instead of being alarmists, I don't think we're doing a disservice to the Ladys in Waiting. It would be unfair to be a support site that wasn't honest about the possible complications from this surgery, as well as the benefits.

Knowledge is power.
s
Cat
Unread 10-27-2003, 07:04 PM

Hi Lorri,

I was just reading this post. I am soooooo glad you went to the ER!
Sorry you are having such a hard time with your recovery.

I am a bit perplexed you GYN doesn't have an 'on call' doctor??

Glad that you are on top of things and if something doesn't feel right DEF. seek medical attention!

(((((((((((BIG HUGS & POSITIVE HEALING THOUGHTS))))))))))))

Febie

IT's GONE! Kept ovaries.
Unread 10-27-2003, 07:16 PM

Hi again,

When I say I'm glad you went to the ER. I don't want that misunderstood.
I would call my GYN with concerns if they came up. In your sid. you didn't seem to have a choice since your GYN was no where to be found.

You do not come accross negitive at all. You sound very level headed and you don't need to apoligise. This is a case where you handled things very well.

Again, I wish you a more positive recovery =-)

*HUGS*

Febie

IT's GONE! Kept ovaries.
Unread 10-27-2003, 07:26 PM

Febie,

I can see this is a thread with lots of P.S.'s. I sure wasn't criticizing Lorri going to ER. It was the only thing she could have done....definitely the right move.

My point was that when LiW's have read these posts, they can often make the decision right away if something should come up for them post op: ER or not ER? Can it wait or not?

It makes things a lot less scary when we're informed.

s
Cat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register