I lost my job .... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I lost my job .... I lost my job ....

Unread 10-27-2003, 06:40 PM
I lost my job ....

Huge s Marie

I am so sorry to read about all that you are going through!!
Enough is enough already. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2003, 07:14 PM
about the lemons......

sounds like things ****.

Could be that this is the time for you to really take care of you and just be. You've been dealing with sooo much.
Be good to yourself and know that many folks are sending you good thoughts and positive energy.
Unread 10-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Oh Maria...

I'm saddend to read your post. I was going to PM you a while back to tell you that I finally had sex with my DH. It has been a long time to get to there, and he didn't penetrate me all the way (sorry to be so crude) but it was satisifying to him. Me, well, I guess I wasn't in the mood as much as I thought I was. I mean he tried and tried, and did all the right things, but it just wasn't going to work for me. We did use a different position than we normally do, so maybe that might work for you.

About plastic surgery, when I was going to get my total pelvic exeneration, they were going to create a new vagina for me using my thigh muscles. Maybe they can do this for you if your damage is so extensive. Just a thought or suggestion.

About your job. That really stinks. I've been off my job since Dec. and started working only 4 hours since April. They just now got a replacement for me. So, I'm "floating" I still keep my paygrade, and as long as I'm on medical leave, I'm still an associate. But when I get back to full time, I have to look for any openings that I can do. If it is something below my paygrade, I will be paid what I'm paid now, until I find something more to my paygrade. So that's a plus.

Maybe this is a good thing. Everyone says there is a reason for everything. Maybe a better and funner job is just waiting in the wings for you. something you will enjoy more. Or maybe it the same job but with a better company with better medical benefits.

Here's hoping...

's and ers to you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 08:33 AM
I lost my job ....

Dear Maria,

You mentioned that you were working for a financial institution - is it an international one? Also, you mentioned that when you were given the notice of termination, they did not mention 'insurance liability' which you believe to be the case for your termination. How did they word it? Were you on contract?

It just seems to me that if it is a big institution, there would have been others who have battled with cancer - and probably including men and prostrate cancer. It would be interesting to see what happened there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register