still waiting for MRI and disappointed in Uro..... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still waiting for MRI and disappointed in Uro..... still waiting for MRI and disappointed in Uro.....

Unread 10-29-2003, 09:30 AM
still waiting for MRI and disappointed in Uro.....

Hi sweetie!

It is so upsetting to see you in so much pain after all you have been through!

I also am having some of the same problems and think I may have something in there messed up again. I am having the same feeling when having a BM with the exception of the cramping. I dont even feel a need to go at all anymore!! I am also having leaking again and having a hard time uriniating as well so I can relate sweetie!!

I cant believe they are making you wait again!! My MRI's usually come back within a week so I guess I just cant understand having to wait so long for them.

Did your Uro do a vaginal exam to see if she can see your prolapses? I know when I went in she put the speculum in and told me to bear down like I was having a BM and suddenly told me to stop ans she could see it all coming down. I dont know what stage mine was, but I know it was either a 1 or a 2 since it had not gone into my vagina yet.

I know how it is to have to find another Dr. I just posted about my pain mgt nightmare and will be searching for another one too and it is so frusterating because you dont know who to trust anymore!

I sure hope you can find some relief soon and will you can find another Uro soon and get yourself put back together. By the way, my Uro repaired both my cystocele, put in a bladder sling and repaired my rectocele. I would hate to have to find different Dr's to fix each problem. Maybe you will get lucky and find one that is multi-talented!!!

Take care and let us know if you make any progress and how your doing!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 12:30 PM

thanks Pam......my only guess is since she's determined that despite my symptoms I'm not something she can fix right now that I've been put on the back burner.....doesn't make my symptoms any better now does it?

thanks for the kind words and 's they always, always help!
Unread 10-30-2003, 01:10 PM

Dear Gidge...

I wanted to tell you a brief synopsis of my MIL story.... She was having trouble "down there"... things were not working right. She went to one doctor who told her cystocele but with surgery she would be incompetent so put up with it.... 2nd doctor told her that it was a Vaginal Vault prolapse, 3rd doctor told her she had a rectocele but it was inoperable....

By this time she is definately needing to be "fixed" but getting such a wide variety of answers and all of the doctors telling her she may be worse off if she has surgery.

So, since one of my Gyns specialties is pelvic reconstruction, I suggested a visit with him might be in order. It took her 4 months to get in but when she saw him he diagnosed her with a very large cystocele, rectocele, enterocele, and vaginal vault prolapse. He told her he could fix her with surgery....so she had the surgery and feels great. He also told her that she had the largest cystocele he had ever seen.

I just thought that maybe if you are having so much trouble and not getting much help that there might be some other doctors you could look into... From my MIL experience you can see they are not all "created equal" from med school.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 04:27 PM

My Friend ((((((Gidge))))))

I am popping in to see how my friends on the Road are doing...and I am very sorry to read that you are not doing well and having to deal with Dr's from H-E-double hockey sticks

I so wish I could get you into see my Uro-Gyn. While I had to wait a while to see him, he is very thorough and kind too (which is a total bonus).

I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you...But I do agree that you should get into see a different Doc for another opinion.

Things aren't going very well for me these days either. While I have a great team of Dr's it seems that they just keep dx-ing me with new things (chronic), and I've been dealing with a bad flu too.

I will keep you in my prayers...Sending you many healing S
Unread 10-30-2003, 04:31 PM

thanks Jude

sorry to hear you're doing so poorly as well.....what a group we are eh? At least we all have each other!!

this dr started out quite nice and thorough and then when it came to the secondary prolapse she just kinda lost it....I know I have to get referred to another uro for a 2nd opinion but don't know where to start, I'm trying to avoid the uro's in my hometown as they are all teamed up with the gyn partners from h&*ll.....and this one I"m seeing is the only female uro for miles and miles.....so I guess I gotta regroup and go from there.

I just started getting the cold/flu today and it's not nice....would really like my blankie and couch and instead all I have is this desk at work

hang in there baby, we're all rootin' for ya Jude 's!
Unread 11-01-2003, 08:16 AM

Gidge, regarding the possibility of IBS, your symptoms do sound a lot like mine. My IBS is the Constipation Type and, while I do have the occasionnal bouts of diarrhea, most of the time it's a combination of constipation or very hard stools (may have they every day, but I have to strain and it gets painfull), which includes lower back pains and the colonic spasms that are in my lower right abs.

Things that help with my IBS has been avoiding stress (easier said than done!!), avoiding foods that will trigger the IBS symptoms... the cabbage family is the worst offender for me and avoiding drastic changes to my diet.

I try to stay away from stool softeners and laxatives because, where I'm concerned, they are habit forming.
Unread 11-01-2003, 08:17 AM

((((Jude))))) So sorry you're still walking this Road And that you keep being diagnosed with more and more chronic conditions
Unread 11-04-2003, 09:43 AM

thanks for your reply...

..I have to confess I'm getting to my wits end again, last night was brutal, by the time I got home from work my legs ached so bad I wanted to cut them off.

..my bladder was spasming away and then I woke up at 4:45 this morning and couldn't sleep anymore so I got up..

..only to have one of those really painful awful episodes with a BM again......I honestly thought I was going to die there.....full on body sweat and terrible pain......what came out was like 10ft long and tubular.....WHY? Is this related to my secondary prolapse? Is it IBS.....and why the heck isn't anyone doing anything?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register