not sure if I am in the right spot | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not sure if I am in the right spot not sure if I am in the right spot

Unread 10-28-2003, 09:33 AM
not sure if I am in the right spot

I have a question for anyone. It is not for me, It is for a friend. She says her uterus is opposite from the average woman., she also found out that she has endometriosis, quite advanced. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Also is there a name for the uterine condition that anyone knows of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 09:55 AM

hi laureen,
i am not an expert on this, but i can only tell you that i have an enlarged uterus myself, severe endo and fibrostic tumors, i will be having a hyst. in a few weeks, but it took me over 5 years to get the courage to get this done, your friend should talk to her dr. and go over all her options, it all the depends on how much pain she is in and if there is another option, she should probably look into it first. i don't know if this helps you much, but i am sure that there is other women here who will be able to give you their opinion also.
good luck
Unread 10-28-2003, 10:05 AM

Hi -- the name for the condition is a retroverted uterus. Instead of bending forward in the abdominal cavity, it bends backwards. It can make it hard to get pregnant, although not absolutely. There's no additional danger as far as cancer goes. You might want to look it up on the internet for further info. Hope this helps.
Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 11:31 AM

Hi Laureen

How caring of you to be trying to find info for your friend. I too had a retroverted and stage 4 endo. Endo is described in 4 stages, 1 being the slightest and 4 being the most severe, depending on its extent, location and depth. Endo is the presence of endometrium (the lining of the uterus that sheds every month with the period) outside of the uterus. It still sheds every month with the hormone cycle but has no way of getting out of the body so it grows and attaches to the peritineum (abdominal cavity) usually on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, bladder, bowels, outside of the uterus and can fuse organs together to each other or to the abdominal wall. It can be very painful, or present no pain at all - and the level of pain does not correlate to the amount or severity of endo. They are not sure what causes endo, and there are several treatments to get rid of it. Some are hormonal where they trick your system into thinking it's either pregnant or in menopause, so that your hormones don't cause the endometrium to shed, and this should help shrink the endo. Others are surgical - including laser laparascopic surgery where they put a scope through a tiny incision in the belly button and one or 2 more in the lower abdomen and burn the endo out with laser. This does not guarantee that the endo will not come back.

I hope this helps a little, if you have more specific questions, please ask them. I had my hyst because of endo - after 2 failed laps and 3 years of pain, I wanted to deal with the source, and so far, so good.

Shelley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register