New Form of Vitamin E Proving Effective in Cancer Treatment - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Form of Vitamin E Proving Effective in Cancer Treatment New Form of Vitamin E Proving Effective in Cancer Treatment

Unread 10-29-2003, 11:29 AM
SirenSong & Maude Rose,

Thank you both (and everyone else) for the information on the supplements. I will add a few on each week. SirenSong, you are so right about eating right. I have read a few books on the effects of diet and eating habits - and I find it very hard to eat "bad" food now. If it isn't fresh, I think, what is the point? I have been adding more veggies and fruit to my diet. No juicing yet. And I have given up sugar as best as I can, so far.

Siren, keep us posted on your visit to Dr. Wallace. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 08:40 AM
New Form of Vitamin E Proving Effective in Cancer Treatment

Thanks for the info on Vitamin E, SirenSong. I will be going on a Vitamin E hunt soon, armed with the particulars!

big
Unread 10-30-2003, 11:33 AM

Georgene --

I know what you mean about having a taste for healthier foods. I used to crave enchiladas and cheese and red wine and ice cream . . . but now I find myself craving fruit, vegetables, tabouli, baked potatoes, etc. It's funny how the body's tastes change.

Jean --

You mentioned that your radiologist had a list of supplements. Would she be willing to share that list with you? Is she just compiling a list of what her patients tell her is helping them?

Thanks for letting me know about proper tumeric amounts. I'll ask Dr. Wallace about it when I speak with her Tuesday. (The consultation is via phone.) Also, someone I met at the OCNA conference (who I spoke with yesterday) mentioned green tea capsules. She said that you'd have to drink 50 cups of green tea to get the same amount of benefit. I'm going to look into that, or at least ask Dr. Wallace about it.

I saw my nutritionist last night and told him that Dr. Wallace was more interested in PSK than maitake mushroom, and he got out a book and told me to send it to her. Apparently, he was heavily involved in a study that showed maitake to have an 89% tumor inhibition ability vs. a -7.1% tumor inhibition ability for PSK. He also said PSK, while used through Japan and China, is usually used in combination with other drugs. But! I will know more once I talk to Dr. Wallace.

And yes, I do take a day off. Particularly on chemo day, when I just take iron and Vitamin E.

s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 03:16 PM

Siren,
This is so cool. Most people I tell of my dietary changes just look at me as if I were nuts. My radiologist is making her list mostly from this things I have researched. With the exception of vitamin A she has pretety much let me inform her.She does strongly indorce suppliments though.
The list of what will help mitigate the effects of the radiation comes from the Moss Report. I ordered it when I learned of my diagnosis. The report was supposidly of the the latest about endo. cancer, but I found it to be very generic. I will send you the exact list the next time I post.
I do take the green tea capsules. About four per day. Do not take them at night though as they are high in caffeen. Mornng is good. They wake you up.
I also use the tincture of Maiktake mushroom. Only seven drops a day is sufficient.
Whaat surprises me is that many people do nothing to change their diet even when swimple changes could be beneficial. I must admit I have gone a bit over board. I know I will let up a little but for now no diary, meat, or sugar. Well, just a little sugar.
Jean
Unread 10-30-2003, 11:43 PM

Jean --

I have that "just a little sugar" problem, too! :-) It's so hard! But knowing that I've reduced my total sugar consumption by 98% makes me feel that I've made a lot of positive change in that area. With the meat gone and the dairy gone and the alcohol gone, I need that little bit of chocolate every once in a while. But I try to make sure it's dark chocolate. :-)

I also take the maitake mushroom liquid -- the one by Grifron with D fraction. I usually put two or three eyedroppers full in a glass of water, or in a green drink. I used to count the drops, but my nutritionist said it's nearly impossible to take too much of it, so I don't bother anymore.

What brand of green tea capsules do you take?

And you're right: Even small diet changes can make a huge difference. From everything I've read, it seems that simply adding broccoli, cabbage and carrots to one's diet helps tremendously. And removing the animal products (and related FAT) also helps.

Nations that have higher fat diets have more cancer than nations that have lower fat diets. So . . . no more "plate of cheese and nice bottle of red" for dinner for me! :-)
Unread 11-02-2003, 05:42 PM

Here is the list provided by the MossReport of the suppliments for those taking radiation therapy.
First is waht he conciders basic for all.
Vitamin E both mixed natural source tocopherols and -tocotrienols
Selenium 200mcg
Zinc 30-60 mg
Pancrenatic enzmes
Vitamin c 1000 -30000 mg
Melatonin 1 to 3 mg
CoQ10 90-100 mg taken early in the day
Alpha Liponic Acid 400 mg\
NAC 500-600 mg
To pervent radiation side effects he also says to add
Taurrine 2000 mg
Korean ginsing two to four capsules
Vitamin A 20.000
He stated that these levels should be continued until one month after treatment.
C and E should be continued throught out one's lifetime

The green tea I take is New Chapter green and white tea capsules 1000mg per two capsules.
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register