Low temperature? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Low temperature? Low temperature?

Unread 10-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Low temperature?

Does anyone know what it means when I keep getting low readings on my thermometer? I don't think I need a new one, since it is brand new.

My doc wanted me to keep track of my temperature for a week or so. But every other day or so it seems kind of low (97.6). I remember being told a long time ago that when you were recovering from a flu or whatever that your temperature would be low just before you got better ... this might be an urban legend. I don't know.

Anyone else have this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Low temperature?

This may not be helpful, but here goes. I notice my temperature is tending to be low like yours. I have two thoughts about this. First, I feel like a have a slight virus-type bug right now, which I have heard can cause a lower temp. Second, I read that a low thyroid condition is sometimes associated with hysterectomy. It's not from the surgery. It is from the general health problems leading to hysterectomy. My gyn. doctor noticed a lump in my thyroid and also elevated blood pressure, neither of which I have ever had before. Low thyroid can cause high blood pressure and low body temp. I am not a doctor. I just recall seeing this somewhere, so check it out. I am 8 weeks out and have an appt. with an endocrinologist soon.
Unread 10-30-2003, 02:28 PM
low temperature

Check with your dr. I have hypothyroidism which is under-active thyroid. This is easily dectected by a blood test and possibly an ultra-sound. The blood test is called a tsh test. Other symptoms include tiredness,foggy mind, depression, weight gain, losing hair, and sometimes thickening of the tongue.

If you must have a disorder this is a great one to have. I have lab tests every 3-6 months, depending on how I feel, and take one pill daily. It also runs in families. After I thought I was going crazy I begged my dr. for the test. I called my grandmother after being diagnosed and found out she had it, her son had, and my great-aunt had it. It really would have been nice to know ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Low temperature?

My temps always run in the 97's -- and I've got hypothyroidism, too ... I am on medication, but my temps still always run low.
Unread 10-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Low temperature?

I hear ya. I had a TVH on Oct. 22nd, I was outpatient, surgery was at 7:30am I was home by 4:30pm. The following day I felt great, no fever, temp was perfect 98.6. Two days post op I started having low back pain on the right side I felt I had a kidney infection which I've had several in the past, the pain in my back bothered me more than my tummy. Slight temp of 99.1, doc started me on antibiotic. Once agin on Tues. I had a slight fever. However, in between my temp has been low too, 97.3, 97.1, kind of wierd but everything is ok as far as I can tell. I think we are just still healing. Going back to work on Mon. Nov 3rd.

Good Luck
Missy
Unread 11-09-2003, 09:03 PM
low temperature

Hi all,
I am 13 days post op, just went to the doctor 2 days ago to confirm a bladder infection, my temperature was 97.4. and I am normally in the 98's. I am going to bring that hyperthyroidism up to my doctor. Thanks for sharing.
mmp
Unread 11-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Low temperature?

If it's worth anything my temp in the castle was routinely low. In the 97's. The nurses and the Dr. were never concerned. Any I'm recovering from the surgery piece just fine. It is worth looking at the hypo thyroid piece. Good luck
Unread 11-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Low temperature?

Hello sisters
I have had hypothyroidism for many years, and now it is out of control....my temps can be any where in the 96"s or the 97's noramally, when I have a 98.6 I am ussually feeling quite feverish. Doc says it is the thyroid..keep an eye on it, I am sure all the systems are in shock right now, the whole body has to "come together again"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register