endometrial hyperplasia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometrial hyperplasia endometrial hyperplasia

Unread 10-31-2003, 07:18 PM
endometrial hyperplasia

this is my first time posting here and mysurgery date 11/21/03 for tah and bso for endometrial hyperplasia. i've not had a biopsy this time but have had 2 d+c's in the past for the same thing. has anyone had this and then found out to have cancer after your surgery? my ca 125 was good,14.4 so i feel that is a positive sign. any info would be helpful. thanks to this site i found out about the ca125 test and saw that my gyn had it done. i called the office for a copy of my lab report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2003, 08:14 PM
endometrial hyperplasia

Cyndeee

I believe I know what you are feeling.

First the abnormal pap, then a colposcopy, followed by a cone biopsy and a D & C. My oncologist first suspected cervical cancer, then found cancer in the uterus. The only way they can see how bad the cancer is , is by doing a Hysterectomy. Then they can grade the cancer and see if it entered the myometruim (muscle wall of the uterus).

After my TAH/BSO (both of my ovaries were removed because I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome - worthless ovaries with numerous cysts) my oncologist found that the cancer was in the muscle wall of the uterus and in the endocervical canal.

The good news.... the cancer was contained within the uterus and the cervix. I will proceed with Radiation - because of the cancer grade.

I have done extensive research and have the best doctor.

If you have any questions I will more than happy to tell you what I have been thru to date.

I was very nervous - but for me, knowledge was my best friend.

Hang in there - My ers are with you

Jana
Unread 11-01-2003, 07:16 AM
endometrial hyperplasia

I had endometrial hyperplasia with possible focal (cancer) cells on my endometrial biopsy. They were pretty certain going in that it would not be cancer, so much so in fact the gyn onc didn't think he needed to be there. It did turn out to be endometrial cancer, stage 1b. I had to go back 6 weeks later for a lymph node dissection to make sure it hadn't spread. Please ask for a referrral to a gyn onc before your surgery so that if it does turn out to be cancerous they ar right there to do the lymph node checking at the same time as the hyst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2003, 10:10 AM
endometrial hyperplasia

I had had a utrine biopsy every six months for for four years for uterine bleeding, hyperplasia. Each had come back non-maglinant hyparplasia. That is until this past June. I had been seeing a gny/onc for each biopsy. Every other doctor I have asked have said that he is the best in all of central NY so I have to accept that cells can change quickly. Since my surgery was performed by him, all lymph nodes etc. were examined. No spread and I am now finishing both internal and external radiation.
Make sure this is discussed before your surgery so as to prevent the need for any further surgeries.
Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register