Update on Dr appt! need ALOT of support from my sisters right now! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on Dr appt! need ALOT of support from my sisters right now! Update on Dr appt! need ALOT of support from my sisters right now!

Unread 11-02-2003, 05:48 AM
Update on Dr appt! need ALOT of support from my sisters right now!

Hello sisters!!

I am sorry I did not post this Friday and left some of you hanging! After my appt I did nothing but sit and cry all day and sleep in between. Yesterday I had to work and it was my daughters homecoming dance.

I went in with my list of symptoms and also told her about my experience with my pain mgt. Dr. She was floored by both!

Regarding the PM Dr, she is taking over my pain management until I get another pain Dr and is going to get with the head MD in the clinic to help her find the most helpful way to control my pain ALL day. She is also writing to the head of the hospital about how I was treated and going to try and get him kicked out of out insurance system.

NOW for the rest!! She looked over all of my symptoms, which now also include a huge rash under both breasts and 3 ulcers around the outer part of my vagina. She pressed a few Fibromyalgia trigger points and I jumped in pain. I never realized how bad those spots hurt except for the bruized feeling I have in both arms and one leg right which are known trigger points. She asked me a ton of other questions and told me to be prepared to bring some juice and crackers on Monday morning for a ton of fasting bloodwork as well as a urinalysis. She is testing for RA, Lupus and my thyroid again just in case that is PART of the problem although she does not think it is. She is also running every blood test she can have them do to look for ANYTHING off.
If all of the tests come back normal then she said it is Fibromyalgia and will do a complete exam then. I go back in 2 weeks for my follow up appt!

I left her office part relieved that she is hunting for the answer, but overwhelmed with the thought of ANOTHER chronic condition. I already have enough wrong with me to send someone over the edge!! I woke up this morning at the crack of dawn not being able to move my right arm and had the bruised feeling all over again. All of my muscles in my upper back and neck were knotted up and I am just now able to move my head after taking my morphine, naprosyn and slathering on absorbine JR. I woke up in the same position I went to bed in so I know it is not due to sleeping wrong since it has happened numerous times.

I have not even clued DH in on ANY of this since I know from past experience it will be thrown in my face, blamed on something I did wrong or held against me with complete sarcasim. That is the LAST thing I can deal with right now! This is why I really NEED my sisters for support right now!!

I love you all and right now I am just a basket case with a broken lid!!! I really need all that you all have as far as comfort, support, prayers and experiences with Lupus, RA and Fibro, even though I have read it all, I just need to hear from personal experiences! I know I am not alone, but right now I feel like I am the only one on this planet!!

Thanks for being there for me the past few years and I can express how you all have helped me through the years with all of my ongoing problems!

Your all truely my guardian 's!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2003, 06:51 AM

Hello, sweetie. I haven't been here for awhile and am very sorry to see that your problems continue to plague you.

I dropped by just to see who was around and briefly relay a short story about me, as I hope it can help others and I found your note.

I definitely will keep you in my prayers. You deserve a break from pain.

Unread 11-02-2003, 07:16 AM

Dear Pam,

Sorry I don't have any answers for you

It does sound like the doctor is really trying to help you. I hope she is able to get to the bottom of all these problems.

Just wanted to give you some s and

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM

(((Pam))) ,
I'm so sorry to hear about all the upcoming testing but sounds like you have an excellent PCP & she is wanting to be very thorough as to not miss anything As for the Pain Mgmt, I am also now being treated by my wonderful PCP as well due to the hideous treatment I received during my last visit. They had just about stopped looking for reasons to new unrelated symptoms, Drs. weren't in synch & had become so wrapped up in worrying over whether patients were actually legit & not addicts seeking prescriptions they lost sight of exactly what they were...Drs I just worry about all the hundreds of other Patients there too who might not be soo fortunate to have a compassionate Dr to treat their pain *cry* It's turned into a battle to just to fight for some pain relief:-( In that aspect, pls consider yourself lucky ((Pam)) as the horror stories are rising out there. 5,000 some Chronic Pain Patients take their lives each yr. due to severe intractable pain that no one will treat...it's become a law for the right to have your pain treated but like various other things some of our Medical field has found other ways around a Law that was set into place to stop this...it breaks my heart.

Technology is improving as are cures. The 1st med specifically made for the sole purpose of treating FMS came out several months ago...10 yrs ago Drs. were saying this was not a medical condition but something that only neurotic women developed symptoms of...geesh! So we have come a loooong way baby It will only get better! Hang on to the hope ((Pam)). The hopes for a cure, for relief, for better days ahead...this is the only thing that has carried me along my 4 yr. Road Journey that along w/ the strength, compassion, support & just having others here that are in a similar place physically...

There are several websites, articles, research, studies on the web as well as here on HS. Educate yourself on the condition itself as well as symptoms & treatments.
Good Luck on Mon....you have many (((friends))) here for you..(((hugs)))
Unread 11-02-2003, 10:50 AM
sending prayers and hugs

I am sorry that I can't give you advice and can only offer you prayers and hugs and support. And that I am really angry that you have to put up with a husband like that. Sounds a lot like mine used to be. (now that we are separated he treats me with more respect and is actually very supportive)

I think one reason hystersisters is so good is that men just don't have a clue. It is easier to blame us than to try to understand things they can't give a name to and fix for us.

I am so glad your doc is taking care of you. You need to have someone you know is in your corner and is testing and looking out for you. I know you are nervous about the test results but believe me whatever they show, you will feel a lot better once you know EXACTLY what you are dealing with and you can begin to get the right meds for your conditions.

I am a wimp when it comes to pain so I can't imagine how you are coping.

Karen
TAH 9/16/03
Unread 11-02-2003, 05:40 PM

(((((((((((((Pam)))))))))))))))

Oh my good friend....I soooo feel your pain... I wish I could come and hold your hand, but try and feel it thru the computer if you can...you have such strength and I get more inspiration from you everyday!!! I hope you can find an answer soon and lets hope it is not chronic...maybe it can be fixed with something to give you much needed relief...

Just an idea??? How about homeopathic maybe down the road...I am trying to get there for my issues, but have been so gosh darn busy...I hope you feel better and keep us posted...I am trying to sign on daily to keep up with things!!!

Feel better and mucho s dear sis...talk to you soon!!
Unread 11-02-2003, 07:20 PM

Pam,
It sounds like you have a good doctor in your corner! Try to keep that in mind. I know even during my worst times, when I have a doctor whom I know is going to try and help it has made a big difference.

You may want to look into an Osteopathic doctor. They may look for things that are outside the realm of Western medicine. While I still have my ups and downs, my Osteopathic doc has done more for me in one year than all my docs in the previous 5 years! She is also handling my hormones and my pain meds now.

Another thing you might want to look into is accupuncture. I started doing this 7 weeks ago and while I still have my problems, I am feeling better. I almost feel human again. My husband's uncle is visiting us and he told me that I actually looked healthy! He said when he came last year I looked very sickly and had no life to me. Long term pain will do that to you. I didn't even realize how bad I was until I felt a little better. I am by no means 100%, not even close, but I am able to function again.

I have been very impressed with my accupuncture doctor. She can actually tell where I am hurting without me telling her. She spent over an hour with me just on the initial consulation. Unfortunately I am her toughest case to date, so not sure how this will all play out, but I will take the bit of relief I am getting.

Just something for you to think about. Unfortunately sometimes there are no pat answers for us so we have to look outside the box.

Unread 11-02-2003, 07:56 PM

Hi Pam

I really would investigate the thryoid issue carefully. Fibromyalgia is a very common symptom of being hypothyroid. There are forums specifically for thyroid issues and fibromyalgia and extreme pain is always being discussed.

Did you know that lupus and RA are autoimmune diseases just like Hashimotos hypothyroid? Even if your thyroid levels are OK make sure the DR checks for the thyroid antibodies as the onset of hypo is very insidious.

Are you also fatigued, have dry skin, brittle nails, a little anti-social? putting on unexplained weight?, etc etc - this is your thryoid playing up.

Do some internet exploring and you will find out there is heaps of info around and you might find your symptoms are a match.

Good luck
Unread 11-02-2003, 08:12 PM

((((Pam)))))

Whoa! How much can one person take? I'm am just thankful for you that you have a doctor who is willing to go to bat for you - and willing to do all that she can to find out what is behind this unbearable pain.

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Prayers will get you through. Remember, we sisters are all here for you.
Unread 11-02-2003, 08:27 PM

Thanks to you all for being right there when I needed you the most!!

It still amazes me, after more than 2 years of being here, the support that comes pouring out of this wonderful group of women fighting their own battles and being there to help others fight theirs as well!!

I am calmed a bit and will just let the tests results tell all. I pray that they can finally find the root to my problems. I wish they could have the results the same day, I hate to wait as all of you are too I am sure. It is the worst part of surgeries and tests, but we get through it somehow. I know if I have made it through 6 surgeries and the waiting games for them I can do it now.

I have read every piece of information I can find on Fibro as I am praying that is all it is and not something such as Lupus. Thanks for all of the sites and info Sheri!!!

As for the thyroid issue, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism over a year ago and am on Synthroid everyday for the rest of my life to control it. I gained almost 50lbs and had all of the horrible hypo symptoms before I was put on the meds. THESE ymptoms though, are NOTHING like my thyroid symptoms. I have had my levels checked every 4 months now and they have been regulated since month 3. The new symptoms have been slowly coming on for a few months and just this month have begun to cause me to really suffer the really bad pain and weird things going on with my body.

I thought I was just dealing with the back pain and nerve pain of my discs until I started going back to work and taking this class. Now they are visibally noticable to people as where before it was just something I dealt with since I never went anywhere or did anything due to being so tired all I did was sleep. That is ALL I did today... ALL day long I pretty much slept and I could go to bed right now and probably sleep all night and all day tomorrow (if my back was willing to let me) and STILL feel as though I could sleep for days! I just want to be able to go all day and not have to take naps or lay down. I would even endure some of the pain, as I am doing, just to feel AWAKE and rested.

Everytime I try to do something for myself I get knocked down again. It is making me want to throw in the towel and forget about going to school or working and just lay around all day since that is what my body and mind want to do anyway. I know, if I do that, I will fall apart and go into my deep hole I have gone in before and feel worthless again. I HATE myself like that and feeling like the world would do better without me.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of the support. You all are in my prayers as well!

HUGS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register