Possible Uterine Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible Uterine Cancer Possible Uterine Cancer

Unread 11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Possible Uterine Cancer

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
I had two endo biopsies done this past month, I was doing the biopsies as a treatment, I had read studies that it can help with implantation and dh and I were doing a 3rd IVF. I am 29, healthy and have never had a child. I have no abnormal bleeding except for heavy periods which I had always attributed to my endometriosis coming back. My RE called me two days after my second biopsy. The first one came back saying endometritis, the second came back endometrial carcenoma, and atypical hyperplasia.

I have an appt with an oncologist next week and I'm having a D&C and hysteroscope tomorrow. The oncologist will look at all three sets of slides from the biopsies and d&c.

I'm so scared, and so upset. My poor husband is beside himself with worry.

We have been through 9 years of infertility treatment and having this thrown at us is like throwing salt in our wounds. I am upset and at the same time trying to be logical and realistic, if I do have cancer then I need to do what needs to be done in order to survive... I'm just so scared.

I have a strong family history of reproductive cancers... but they were all so much older... I never thought it could affect me at this age.

thank you in advance for your support. You a group of strong wonderful women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

I am so sorry to hear about all you have been going through. I was dx with endometrial cancer at the age of 44. I was told I was way too young for this type of cancer and didnt' fit the profile for it...I can imagine you have been told the same thing at the age of 29.....What a shock when what I thought was a benign polyp turned out to be endometrial adenocarcinoma. I had a hyst a week later and Thank God it was found very early at a stage 1a.
During my research I read somewhere that some fertility drugs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If you have any questions I will answer them on the thread or you can email or private message me.
I know you are very scared at this time.....but fortunately this type of cancer is typically non aggressive.
Keep posting and and take care. Chris
Unread 11-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

I also forgot to mention that I will be on Megace after the d&c tomorrow... my doctor said until we know anything he is putting me on it to stop any growth of tissue in the uterus until we know for sure what we are dealing with. Have any of you ever been on Megace? Any side affects?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

Just wanted to pop in and say that we're all here for you no matter what the outcome. It may turn out that your trying to conceive brought you to the doctor a lot earlier than if you were not trying. If it's the case that they do find cancer, you and your doctor will be right on top of it.

God bless and keep in touch.
Unread 11-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

Hi. I've only been visiting you lovely sisters a few weeks and have found the site informative and comforting.

As to the megace. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and my dr started me on megestrol, which is a generic for megace, i guess, immediately. I didn't have any side effects. Early on when taking it I woke one morning early and found I was doing a vertigo thing. At least that is what I think it was. I took dramamine and it slowed up. Got it once more the next day. After that no more. Not really sure it had anything to do with the megestrol. Side effects on the patient advisory said dizziness.

I am almost 6 weeks post op. TAH BSO. Also cervix and 13 lymphnodes. All but the uterus were sweetly free of cancer. My dr calls me cancer free. I praise the Lord.

Am doing pretty well, I think. Will see my gyno next Monday for my check-up to see if all is healing properly.

Grateful to all the hystersisters for the support.
Unread 11-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

Just wanted to add my two cents here--I had endometrial cancer, stage 1B, back in February 2000, and literally one week after the D&C I was back at the castle for a TAH/BSO. The cancer was caught early, and my DR arranged for me to speak directly to the radiation oncologist so that I could hear from him that no treatments would be necessary, that my cancer had little chance of recurring. I still get a CAT scan every year, until the 5-year mark is reached, and have just "graduated" from a vaginal Pap smear every 6 months, to the usual one a year. Still visit the DR every 6 months for an exam. Anyway all this is to help reassure you that, frightening as it is, there are lots of happy endings to these stories. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 11-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Possible Uterine Cancer

thank you all for your support.

I had the d&c today, my doctor said that there was one area of concern in the tissue. We will know in a day or two.
Unread 11-07-2003, 04:47 AM
Possible Uterine Cancer

The pathology reports are back. complex atypical hyperplasia. I need to go to the gyn/onc on Wednesday and he will determine if I stay on the Megace or if I have a hysterectomy.

I do not know if we will be allowed one more ivf cycle or if my husband will even agree to it as he believes in his heart that the stimulants during the IVF could have caused this. We will see what the oncologist has to say.
Unread 11-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Possible Uterine Cancer

Hi mae

I had a D & C done in August and my oncologist also found an area of concern. The path report came back with cancer of my Uterus. The only was to stage Uterine cancer is by a Hysterectomy. Since my ovaries were a total disaster (I have PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) I had a TAH/BSO on 10/21/03.
the cancer came back stage 2B - The cancer had traveled 70% thru my Myometrium (uterine muscle wall) and then started to travel into my endocervical canal. So I had 2 for the price of one. I start radiation therapy in a few weeks.

I KNOW this sounds soooo incredibly scary. BUT the good news. The cancer in the Uterus is usually contained. I am 34 years old and dealing with not having any children. I am grateful that the cancer was removed and Radiation will be a back up. It will kill any microscopic cells that may have been missed.

My oncologist is very positive and so am I. It has been a rough 6 months with waiting for test results & wondering what the next step is.

Believe me, knowledge is power. Use the computer, do research.The hystersisters have been such a great support. Use this site.

If I can ever help you .. I will gladly tell you what I went thru or what to expect.

Hang in there

S
Jana
Unread 11-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Possible Uterine Cancer

I have been going thru infertility for 9 years... I'm used to going to the doctors. It's not a big deal. But I'm petrified today.

I see the gyn oncologist today. all three opinions are in and it is severe complex atypical hyperplasia.

cross your fingers... I really do not want a hysterectomy at 29 :*(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register