Hello, it's me again.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello, it's me again.... Hello, it's me again....

Unread 11-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Hello, it's me again....

I'm still waiting to finish up the x-rays for the lower and upper GI.

Last night was extremely painful (I almost went to the ER and probably should have, but I hate going). Today it's hurting, but the worst part for me is the mental toll it's taking. I feel like a freak because I can't eat solid food on days like today. I'm exhausted from the night before, and I have no explanation for the symptoms (yet).

I just needed to have a place to come and have a pity party. I'm feel really down.

Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Hello, it's me again....

Dear Rita,

It is frustrating and worrisome when you have severe symptoms and don't know the cause. I have always found my pain easier to cope with when I know what is causing it.

mmm.... I had bad pain yesterday and last night into today.... maybe we are connected ... I too didn't want to take any pain meds except for the Elavil because I had several important appts today (like a Mammogram - ouch!).

Have you checked in with you doctor about the worsening pain?
If it gets worse don't hesitate to call the doctor or take a trip to the ER.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Sarah
Unread 11-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Hello, it's me again....

Rita I don't have any answers, I just wanted to offer some gentle . I'm sorry the pain is so bad for you right now.

-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Thanks Ladies...

It really helps to have the understanding and hugs. I do manage pain better when I understand it's origin. I've had problems (completely unrelated) in the past where I've had pain and had it dismissed without knowing the cause until it got severe enough that someone finally found the cause. I guess that with the upcoming adoption I feel pressured to feel better NOW and I feel defeated, once again, by my own body.

I've tried to have a happy day, despite how this is effecting me, but I am thankful to be home now and no longer need to leave the house. Now I can take pain meds and crash, maybe even have a good cry (I felt like crying hard all day).

Thanks for being here. It really does help to know there are people who will understand this.

Rita
Unread 11-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Hello, it's me again....

((((Rita))))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time Today's not been a good day for me, so I know what you mean about the whole taking a toll on you

The important thing to remember is that you are not a freak: you've been through a very major surgery and are have long term complications. It all takes it toll and, hopefully, you'll have the answer soon and it will come with an off ramp.

Sending lots of s your way. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.
Unread 11-05-2003, 08:58 AM
(((((Danielle)))))))

I'm hoping today is better for you too! Thanks for the hugs and support. I'm sure you know how much that means when you're feeling pain and disappointment.

Last night was more painful than the night before. I think whatever is going on inside gets 'sore' and reacts with more pain each time it flairs up. I can feel the pain now, it's like it's waiting in there...it flairs up if I try to eat anything. Right now I'm afraid to drink anything either. I took 3 vicodin last night to try to get the pain to calm down. I'm scared they won't find out what's causing this pain and I'll be stuck this way forever.

Sorry to vent here...

I hope today is better for you. It's hard to deal with this, but at least we have the support and understanding of our sisters here, right? That certainly makes it much better. I don't know what I'd do without you and the other sisters here.

(((((((((Danielle))))))))))

Be good to yourself today, okay?

Rita
Unread 11-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Hello, it's me again....

Kinda weird! Yesterday my pain has been worse than it has been in awhile. I had to resort to a Darvocet and 800mg ibuprofen two times yesterday. I also took a 1/2 xanax in the morn to try to calm everything down. I hope today will be better. I emphathize with you. Maybe your day will be better today. I don't know what I will do when my last few remaining pills are gone. I only use them if things start getting out of control. But some days they are my life line.
Unread 11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Hello, it's me again....

Oh (((Rita))) ...I'm so sorry the pain has been so bad
I would really urge you to reconsider not drinking anything. As you know, I also suffer some very painful Intestine complications. When I feel things starting to kink or partially obstruct in there..I head straight for some water! That & walking helps me. I know how hard it is to move when experiencing that amount of pain but it helps me. I'm quite a site starting out, hunched over, face scowled up...not funny at the time but I can imagine what others would think Like you & ((Sarah)), I've been contending w/ high pain levels since Sun nite. I think I've gotten 6-7 hrs sleep during the past 3 nights.. Mine is letting up some today so hopefully tonight will find me sleeping like a baby!!

Have you ever considered something stronger for your pain? I know how hard it is to depend on Pain meds but we need/deserve some relief When relief does fin***y come my emotions even out too. This alone can cause your body extra stress & turmoil, something you do not need right now.

I'll be praying ((Rita)) that the tests will reveal the problem and that it will also have a fairly easy cure.....
Your ((Sisters)) are here for you anytime just reach out & we'll be there!

((((hugs))))
Unread 11-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the hugs gals....

I really appreciate it.

Is there a full moon cycle for pain? It's strange we're going through pain together, lol

I took vicodin today, so I'm stuck home for the day. It's not so bad. I've done some reading and a little cleaning (a no-no I'm sure, but I did feel better when things looked cleaner).

I'm just going to stay with a liquid diet today and hope to get some sleep tonight.

Sheri, I did eventually drink some water. Thanks for your concern. I get so scared of the pain that I'm sure I don't think rationally. I'm afraid to use the vicodin because I know I will run out...and then what? I can't tolerate this pain without it. So...I try not to use it unless I'm desperate.

I'm going to go lie down now. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Love and hugs to you all!

Rita
Unread 11-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Hello, it's me again....

((((Rita)))) I'm relieved that you got a bit of relief today. Yep, cleaning was probably not a good idea... but, then again, if it made you feel better, why not?

I think that pain, like so many other things, is affected by the full moon. Remember that we're made up of cells and that cells are made up of water. And the moon affects water levels... therefore, a full moon would likely increase the water retention that leads to a lot of our pain. If you add to this the fact that we just turned back the time and that, for those of us living in temperate climates, we're heading into Winter, which means more cold, more dampness and, yep, for a lot of us, more pain.

When dealing with bowel issues, a liquid diet is always the diet that is most likely to settle everything down... so go ahead, and indulge.

I do hope that you get answers real soon. We're here for you (((Rita))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register