lupron question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lupron question lupron question

Unread 11-05-2003, 11:12 AM
lupron question

so. I am in week 3 of my 1st Lupron injection. I was told the pain that I have due to this newly found pelvic mass would get worse before it gets better. That has happened, now on Darvocet for pain and not working.
The new found mass is after TAHw/ removal of left ovary and removal of right ovary in 4-2000- then removal of pelvic mass on right side 12-2002- and now another pelvic mass where my right ovary used to be.
The theories are:
1. Possible endo, even though pathology has never indicated it, dr's say that is what is looks like when they are in there looking around.
2. Another ovarian remnant. this would be the 2nd one..

we are trying to avoid surgery. I have heard some good and bad about lupron and was just wondering, how will I now if it is working?
Next injection is on 11-13-03 hoping for another ultrasound to see if mass is bigger or smaller by then as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
lupron question

For me I knew the Lupron was working because my pelvic pain was gone. I suffered from side effects of the Lupron like joint pain, hair loss, and acne but the pelvic pain was gone which was a good thing.

I took the Lupron for endo and after my 6 month course, the pain came back. My doctor tried me on birth control pills which totally did not work and I had my hyst 5 months later.

During the surgery they found fibroids which we didn't know were there but multiple cysts on both ovaries which didn't surprise me. I had suffered from burst cysts for a long time.

I hope the Lupron works for you and that you can avoid surgery. My doctor wanted to avoid surgery and Lupron was my last non-surgical alternative. There is a lot of negative information about Lupron out there but only you can determine if it is working for you.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register