Can I talk about my children here? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I talk about my children here? Can I talk about my children here?

Unread 11-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Talking - Can I talk about my children here? Can I talk about my children here?

I just wanted to post a little bit about my wonderful children that I have been blessed with...

I have a dear daughter, Si'Ara that is 9 years old & is almost as tall as I am...( Im just 5' tall ...ha..ha..)...she is so wonderful...( I sure do use that word a lot...sorry! )
I just look at her sometimes & go wow...I cant believe that I have such a smart, beautiful, kind hearted little girl...she is the light of my life...

I have a dear son, Mikey that is 8 years old & he is a ball of pure energy!! He is the most wonderful ( there that word is again!) boy in the world...
I look at him & go....man, I cant believe that I have such a smart, handsome, kindhearted, wild little boy...he is the light of my life...

What is amazing is that I raised them all by myself for almost 4 years before meeting my dh Travis...
Their 'biological' walked out on us when my son was an infant & never looked back...
We were so poor that we were even homeless for a while..we never got to do any of the extras, we use to pretend we were at mcdonalds...and we even pretended that we had 'someone' in our lives & we werent so alone... we were a pretty sad trio...

Although we have our ups & downs I feel so blessed that they give me no real trouble & they take as good a care of me as some adults would...they are just precious...
They are the most worried about me in the surgery...they have cried for me more than once...

I am sorry to ramble on...I was just having a proud Mom moment & I thought Id share...

thanx for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Can I talk about my children here?

Hi,

Yes, you found the right place to post about your children. They do sound wonderful

I'm sorry that you had to go through such a rough time but it sounds like things are better now.

I'd like to congratulate you on doing a great job of raising your children - they didn't get to be wonderful all by themselves you know!

I have 2 wonderful DD"s (I like that word too ) They are both grown up now but they are still "my" babies.

s
Unread 11-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Talking - Can I talk about my children here? Can I talk about my children here?

I love to brag about my children as well, I think most of us do!

I have a 4 year old boy and a 17 month old girl! I am very blessed! They are my life and what keeps me going. Their biological father (who thinks he can be a Dad whenever it is convienent ) left us in January of this year. I struggled quite a bit this year but things have gotten much better at the end of this year. I went back to school and got my nursing assistant certification and have just been accepted into a Practical Nursing (LPN) program. I also am now with a great guy who treats my children as his own and is more of a Dad to them that their real father ever was!

Glad to "meet" you and hear about your two precious children!

Laurie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register