Update on Johanna's Law | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on Johanna's Law Update on Johanna's Law

Unread 11-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Update on Johanna's Law

Hi, Everyone--

The Gynecologic Cancer Education and Awareness Act of 2003, or Johanna's Law, was introduced into the House of Representatives on November 4th. You can follow the bill's progress through Congress by accessing www.congress.gov and either putting in the bill number, H.R. 3438, or doing a word search using "Johanna" or "gynecologic." The full text of the bill is online, and you can also see whether your representative was one of the 41 cosponsors of the bill.

Here are Senator Levin's opening remarks about the purpose of and need for the law at the time he introduced the bill:

http://www.house.gov/levin/johannastmt.html

I've been working on a detailed letter to my Congressman discussing issues relating to the bill for a few weeks now, but haven't completed it because of other time constraints, including illness and a major dental reconstruction project. However, now that the bill has been introduced into Congress, I will finish the letter and get it out in short very order.

Please let your federal legislators know how you feel about this important bill!

MoeKay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Should Say Congressman Levin

P.S. to my message above. It should read, "Congressman Levin" and not "Senator Levin." (There is also a Senator Levin, but he is in the Senate, and not the House of Representatives.

No matter how many times I read a message before posting it, I always seem to find a typo after posting! Drives me up a wall!!

MoeKay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register