THEY LOST MY MAMMOGRAMS FROM LAST YEAR | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

THEY LOST MY MAMMOGRAMS FROM LAST YEAR THEY LOST MY MAMMOGRAMS FROM LAST YEAR

Unread 10-05-2000, 11:16 AM
THEY LOST MY MAMMOGRAMS FROM LAST YEAR

I have been waiting for the previous mammograms from the Clinic and now they tell me they are "lost in transit"--No one knows where they went. I asked for them early last week for mammograms to be done on Saturday, Sept. 30th, but I haven't received them yet. I finally got a supervisor yesterday who told me they were "lost in transit" but that they will find them! What do I do next? Call my PCP who works for the Clinic and tell him what happened? I cannot get my diagnosis from Saturday's tests until they can compare them with the previous tests! I plan to call the Radiologist and tell her what happened. Good idea? I have been so nervous since Saturday because they did two more views--spot compression views of my right breast.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2000, 09:35 PM
Still no mammograms!

Is there someone who could advise me on what to do if my films don't show up? I am a basket case and am wondering what the radiologist will do if we can't provide last year's films. The supervisor told me they checked all of their satellite locations for the mammograms and had no luck. Her next step was the mail room. They hadn't called her back yet.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide. I don't know what to do.
Unread 10-06-2000, 04:55 AM
THEY LOST MY MAMMOGRAMS FROM LAST YEAR

{{Linda}}, I think calling the Radiologist would be a good idea. I would also call the Supervisor back maybe that person located them in the mail room after you had talked with them. Surely though they can still read these without prior ones, people have first Mammograms all the time and these have no prior ones to compare. I assume these are used to track changes but if there was something serious going on this would show up. I wish I could be of more help. Good luck and please let us know the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2001, 08:47 PM
MY MAMMOGRAMS WERE FOUND 10 MONTHS LATER!

I received a call from the Cleveland Clinic. My Mammograms which were "lost in transit" since last September HAVE BEEN FOUND. They were returned to the Main Campus Film Library yesterday from one of the satellite locations. The lady I have been giving grief to over the past 10 months called me and had them delivered to me at my office today. They are in my possession and now I have to take them to my surgeon who did the breast biopsy last November. He told me to bring them to him when they were found. I said, "IF they are found, I will bring them to you." It is a little late to avoid the biopsy, but maybe they will help.
Unread 08-03-2001, 01:14 PM
Unreal...

"lost in transit" for TEN MONTHS?! That is completely beyond reproach. I'm sorry you've gone through so much...be sure to call your doctor and get those films to him!

take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register