Back Pain/Hip Pain Years worth~ and now Im thinking it maybe all connected???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back Pain/Hip Pain Years worth~ and now Im thinking it maybe all connected???? Back Pain/Hip Pain Years worth~ and now Im thinking it maybe all connected????

Unread 11-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Back Pain/Hip Pain Years worth~ and now Im thinking it maybe all connected????

Wow~ Ive been doing some serious reading of past posts & recent posts.
as some of ya already know, this is all pretty new to me, altho with all of you and this site, I feel very ' not new' to this.
It all started for me In Aug. with a massive cyst rupture and then a Laprocopy to remove another(6cm)
here it is Nov, and im going in the 19th for a LAVH because of the massiv bleeding & pain that had pretty much been a contstant sense Aug.
Now , I cannot recall at all the Doc saying anything about Endo. I am just learning about it and what it is..
But let me tell you of the pain in my lower back/ hip and down my thighs.
Been constant bad for about 3 years bout 2 years ago in June. feelin friskie thougth I could still roller skate as I did as a kid.. lol yep~ right down on my duppa. then I took a bad fall in Jan of last year, down concret steps, hurt my butt all over again. did have xrays, showed no break so I went on my way hoping the pain would ease after it healed.. Never has. Even tho i had the pain prior to the falls, I thought the fallin on by butt & hurting them was the main factor from the pain.
Now Im thinking It may be endo~ and all this pain is all somehow connected.
In May of this year I started a 4 month long, Monthly injections of a cortisone cocktail & numbing medicine injections into my SI joint. That is the area that connects the pelvic bone to the tail bone.
those injections were just awful, and of no hlep.. the pain would ease up for a week or so, then return. This was all done thru Pain Managment clinic.. Those Doc's never asked me once, If I had any type of peliv pains, pain or trouble in the female department at all... not a word. altho at the time I hadn't had any troubles excpet for mild cramping each month with my period, but still..
Now after reading and learning~ im wondering if maybe it isnt all connected.. maybe if there isnt endo in there that is causing all the back pain.
Has any one else been thru something like this with the back n hip pain??
Im gonna add this to my list of questions for the doc ..
Im just now starting to wonder..
:0)
sorry so long..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2003, 08:29 AM
MeToo!!!

We'll have to keep in touch on this one! I've been going through those exact same pains for a long time. It's only been a little over 2 weeks since my surgery and I've not had any back pain and didn't think of it until now.
Unread 11-11-2003, 08:43 AM

Allright Buda belly... your gicing me hope...
I will also let you know what the doc might have to day~ and how the pain is after my surgery~ oh it would be wonderfull if it all dissapears as well Oh yes it would!!!!
Did you have Endo?? or did the doc ever say anything about it before hand????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2003, 08:54 AM

I had endo before I had kids, it seemed to go away after the first....so I don't think there is a connection there, but I was suffering with extremely heavy periods felt as if I had, (if lucky)....one good week a month. The back & hip pains were almost daily!! We will see....I haven't been doing any kind of bending lifting since surgery.
Unread 11-11-2003, 08:56 AM

I know how you both feel. I have low back pain and pelvic pain. I seem to have more pain on my right side than left. The right ovary is the one that gives me all of the trouble. I will soon find out.
Unread 11-11-2003, 09:02 AM
luvsdragons, you're scaring me!

I've been having right sciatic pain for the last several months. My GP suggested that I go to a chiroprator if it really bothered me. Well, when my problems with bleeding and frequent urination got worse, so did the pain in the hip! My gyn says it unlikely, but one of the fibroids could be pushing on a nerve. He said we'll know better after the surgery. So I guess I'll find out in a few days. In the meantime, I'm going nuts!
Jean

Unread 11-11-2003, 09:06 AM

I understand the feeling of going nuts with it all. Ive been doing some thinking, and It does seem my pain gets worse at times, wish I would have been keeping track of it all, like weather the pain was worse like during ovulation, or maybe during my peroid, or the horrid week before.
I guess we will all soon find out, and hopefully, will be pleasantly suprised that the pain in the hip/butt n back will also be gone for good with our surgiries.
Unread 11-11-2003, 09:11 AM

I too have been suffering with lots of back pain, for several years. About a year and a half ago my left hip started to bother me. It is so bad sometimes that I can't lay on my left side at night. This was about the time that I had a cyst rupture on the left ovary. I have experienced sciatic (sp) nerve problems since my second baby (whopping 9lbs. 8 oz.). I just thought it was the whoas of prenancy but now I too have found new hope with my new found sisters...
Thanks for giving us all some "food for thought".
Unread 11-11-2003, 09:56 AM

hi there, i find that pains in my back and hips , extending to my thighs just before period starts is connected for me, i only have some of the pains when im due on , as some of the pain only starts then i cant see it being anythhing else. i am not sure if i have endo or not as the only physical exam that has ever been done for me was over ten yrs ago when i had a d&c and they said then it was all hormonal so ill have to be one of those who has to have a hyst to find out i guess good luck to you all
Unread 11-11-2003, 05:58 PM

I'm a newbie, too. The light bulb just went off in my head! I never have associated my low back pain with any of my gyn problems. Neither has my DR. Just thought it was from my "old age" (47). Now I am really excited for my castle visit on 12/26! A perfect Christmas gift to myself! Love this site. Has been so helpful to me. Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register