endo ca dx and chest xray | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endo ca dx and chest xray endo ca dx and chest xray

Unread 11-12-2003, 03:39 PM
endo ca dx and chest xray

Hello Ladies: my gyn-onc referred me to another gyn-onc to get a second opinion re: lymph node dissection. The 2nd doc asked me about my chest xray and when I told him I hadn't had one he was obviously quite surprised. My question to you is this: Anyone here who was diagnosed with endo ca not get a chest xray?

Thanx once again~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2003, 06:37 PM

Hi Susanne...

I did not have endo cancer, I had ovarian cancer and to tell you the truth I also never had an actual chest xray. I did have a few abdominal and pelvic cat scans which also includes part of the lungs. No one ever said any different to me.

Hope this helps even a little.

Rosalie
Unread 11-12-2003, 07:45 PM

I had ovarian cancer and uterine cancer. Immediately after my surgery, they took a chest x-ray. Also, part of my standard follow up is a cat scan and a chest x-ray. I understand that when it comes to spreading, this is one of the common areas where it could spread. I just had my first round of follow up tests and everything came out "all clear".

Good luck to you, Susanne.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM

I had endo cancer stage 1a and the whole radical TAH/BSO on July1--on my first visit to the onc/gyn they sent me down for the chest xray--now I am supposed to have one each year in addition to the every 4 months visual check of the vagina.

My sweet little dog had cancer and his vet found it with the chest xray. It seems like it would be a good idea. I guess if they find something there they would start chemo.

Alana
Unread 11-13-2003, 06:40 AM

I had a chest x-ray as part of my pre-op workup before my radical hysterectomy for endometrial cancer. I also had CT scans of the chest, abdomen and pelvis once a year for the first two years after treatment. However, I was very closely monitored because I was at an elevated risk for recurrence due to several risk factors found at the time of surgery and on pathological evaluation. Other women I've spoken to who did not have these risk factors did not have CTs (or the CA-125 which I was required to get once a year for two years).

I completed treatment in August 1999 and was examined by my gyn-onc every three months for the first year and every four months for the second and third year. With endometrial cancer, the majority of recurrences occur within the first three years after treatment, thus the need for closer surveillance during that period. I am now on a six-month appointment schedule with my gyn-onc. I am also still seen once a year by my radiation oncologist.

Best regards.

MoeKay
Unread 11-13-2003, 11:08 AM

The day after my GYN called me with the results of my uterine biopsy, she scheduled a chest x-ray and pelvic/abdominal CT scans. I will be having another CT scan to monitor the tiny spots on my liver and cyst on my kidney in January, not sure yet about follow-up with further chest x-rays.
Jan
Unread 11-13-2003, 12:31 PM
chest x-ray

I was diagnosed prior to surgery with endo cancer from the endo biopsy. I was not sent for any x-rays before surgery and after the final path report came in, my doctor told me she would see me in 5 weeks, then in 5 months, then annually. She keeps insisting that because of the grade and stage (1A -1) and the location in the uterus that the surgery was the treatment and that she considers me "cured". I sometimes feel that it isn't enough, but on the other hand, consider myself lucky. I have an internal medicine doc for my regular stuff (diabetes) etc. and I think between the 2, I'm in good hands.. hope this helps you.. I'm always looking to "compare" follow-up advice to make sure I'm not missing something...
Unread 11-13-2003, 01:39 PM

In the big cancer book I read, it said that Stage 1 cancer is cured by surgery and has a 100% survival rate. Stage 1a has a 75%-100% survival rate in 5 years.

I asked my gyn/onc if that was true and she said that she has seen the cancer come back in 1a people, which is why she insisted on taking all those lymph nodes out. I think close watching is in order and if any traces show up then more treatment is necessary. My doc said I was surgically cured, with a slight possibility it may reoccur.

Good luck.

7-1-03 TAH BSO endo cancer stage 1a
Unread 11-13-2003, 06:47 PM

Hi, I had a cat scan which included part of the lungs prior to my TAH/BSO when the DX indicated that uterine cancer could not be ruled out. Following my op the path report showed endo cancer stage 1b and then my gyn and gyn/onc made me get a chest xray. hope this helps. peggiesue
Unread 11-14-2003, 07:10 AM
Chest X-ray

I've had four surgeries over a 14 year period at the same hospital. A chest x-ray was done as part of pre-op a few days prior to each.

Mary D.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register