second surgery in 6 weeks HELP!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

second surgery in 6 weeks HELP!!! second surgery in 6 weeks HELP!!!

Unread 11-13-2003, 12:01 PM
second surgery in 6 weeks HELP!!!

Hi, all. I had my LATVH on Sept. 23, 2003 and 4 weeks after I started having pain on the right side and a high fever. So the Dr. sent me to the ER. 12 hours later they said I had a cist on my right overie and wanted to remove it my Dr. said he wanted to see me first so I was to see him the next day. I went and saw him he confirmed what ER. Docs. said but still wanted to wait a week. So a week later more pain saw my Dr. he said mass had grown double what it was so he wanted to do surgery again. I had to go through crap at his office just to get on the books. That took some foot work on my part to MAKE them speed things up for me. So they get me down for Wed. Nov.5 th. at 12:30. The Dr. finally showes up at 4:30 they do the surgery I wake up in more pain then when I had the HYS. only to find out that they could'nt find any mass so they took out my Apendix. It was suposed to be an out-paitent surgery, I ended up at the hospital for 3 days. Then it's time to go home Dr. wants to see me in 2 weeks, lets me go with NO pain meds. Mind you I now have 7 insions. This was on Fri. I call Fri., Mon.,and again on Wed. She swears she called me in pain meds .After a fight with the idot in his office she comes back and tells me they called me in MOTRINE!!!! Is she out of her mind!!! So we got in another fight and she said Fine I 'll call you in Viocodone but only 30. I said thats all I shouln need. She said she can't understand why I would still need pain meds. Mind you it's ony been 1 week. So now do I want to go back for my follow up or do I go to my family Dr.? I am so upset and mad at them I really don't know what to do!! I am 25 with 2 kids and a busy life. I don't have time for games. What do I do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 12:14 PM

Why in the hell would they take out your appendix????? Sounds like another case of CYA (cover your butt) I would just go back to your own Dr. Sorry you are going through all this .

Wandi
Unread 11-13-2003, 03:24 PM

Hello,I just want to know what did the use to diagnos you needed your appendix out,ultrasoun,CAT scan or just X rays??Since you wer post op fron GYN surgery,your gyn should have seen you in the ER,don't return to your Medical Doctor this is a gyn problem and he should answer it..Also in reguards to pain meds,if motrin is not helping the pain,the doctor should have seen you..I am not preaching..but I am aRN...Take care and let me know how you feel...Marsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 05:44 PM

It was my GYN that I saw this entire time. They did a CAT scan as well as 2 ultrasounds, one abd. and the other vag. I called my Gyn who was suposed to meet me at the ER when I went, but I was there for 8 hours before they even called him to even let him know I was there. My Gyn is the only Dr. I have seen ,he's the one who took out my appendix. I just don't understand any of this !!! How can a mass that they said was the size of a baseball be there one day and not the next? He checked my abd. the day before surgery and he said he could still feel it. But somehow it was gone the next day. I just wonder if they had done another ultrasound, would they have seen that it was gone? Did I go through this for nothing? I am also very upset at the way his office staff treated me, like I only wanted pain meds ,I did ALL of this so I wouldn't have to take another pain pill as long as I live!!!Don't you think they should take some responsability for their actions and be alittle understanding about how feel or what I've been through the past 7 weeks.
Unread 11-13-2003, 05:49 PM

Thank you for your thoughts,it dose help.It was my GYN that I saw this entire time. They did a CAT scan as well as 2 ultrasounds, one abd. and the other vag. I called my Gyn who was suposed to meet me at the ER when I went, but I was there for 8 hours before they even called him to even let him know I was there. My Gyn is the only Dr. I have seen, for this ,he's the one who took out my appendix. I just don't understand any of this !!! How can a mass that they said was the size of a baseball be there one day and not the next? He checked my abd. the day before surgery and he said he could still feel it. But somehow it was gone the next day. I just wonder if they had done another ultrasound, would they have seen that it was gone? Did I go through this surgery for nothing? I am also very upset at the way his office staff treated me, like I only wanted pain meds ,I did ALL of this so I wouldn't have to take another pain pill as long as I live!!!Don't you think they should take some responsability for their actions and be alittle understanding about how feel or what I've been through the past 7 weeks.I was very nice to them on the phone, I always am. Thats why I'm so upset.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register