Thank you all! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank you all! Thank you all!

Unread 11-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Thank you all!

Just wanted to thank all of you for all the thoughts, feelings and information that you have posted on this sight!

I stumbled across this sight on a frantic search for any information and what a godsend! To really know that I am not the only one on this rollercoaster. Besides my husband I have not told anyone yet. Ridiculous I know but if I say it to anyone else it will become real.

On November 4, after a routine gyn appt., my doctor called because she had received a puzzling report from pathology regarding a polyp she had removed from my cervix. The pathologists called it malignant but could not say exactly what type of cancer. Is this unusual? They started with a sarcoma then went to possibly a melanoma or a schwannoma. Finally they sent the slides to Johns Hopkins and I am awaiting their thoughts. In the meantime I had a chest x-ray and abdominal/pelvic ct scan. Yesterday I met with a gyn/oncologist hoping for more information. The good news is the x-ray and ct scan are negative along with my pap, bad-still no more information on the pathology report. I am now scheduled for a TAH on November 25-Happy Thankgiving-but did not want to delay until December. Whatever this is I want it out! My doctor also said even though I have received these negative results that he will not know anything definitive until I am opened up and he and a urologist look around, remove organs and lymph nodes. Is this also usual?

I feel like I should make the most of my time yet I'm wishing for the 25th to hurry up and arrive. The days feel surreal like I am going through the motions and my spirit is not even here.

Thanks again for the info and for giving me a place to voice my feelings. My prayers are with all of you!

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi Tracy

I won't tell you to relax--as I know that's pretty hard to do. You are in the best possible hands with a gyn/onc as they are the experts. You'll have your ups and downs as we all do. The surgery will tell more and that your xray and CT scan are clear is VERY positive. If you've got energy to burn now (nerves) get the Christmas or Hanukkah shopping under control and the place cleaned up good--you won't feel like shopping or be able to clean for a while. If necessary, show your husband how to do things. And line up some help--someone to stay and help during the day when he's back at work. You can just say you need the surgery and decided not to delay. If anyone offers help, take them up on it. If you don't feel like the Christmas/Hanukkah shopping--don't. If you need rest--do. The waiting is the worst, really.
Unread 11-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Thank you all!

margaret321

Thanks for your reply and your words of encouragement. I'm trying to keep busy and keep a positive outlook throughout this ordeal. I know there is a reason for everything even though we may not understand what it is at the moment!

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Thank you all!

Tracey,

I am happy your surgery is scheduled soon - 2 weeks is really pretty good scheduling, especially at this time of the year.

Dorrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register