The Road Gets Longer And Longer.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Road Gets Longer And Longer.... The Road Gets Longer And Longer....

Unread 11-14-2003, 06:10 AM
The Road Gets Longer And Longer....

Good Grief......What next?

As many of you know.....the past year on the road for me has been difficult and long.

LAVH in January and BSO two weeks ago. Anyway....I don't want this to turn into a novel like most of my other posts do......I just want to tell you what happened yesterday......GUESS I JUST NEED TO VENT.

I went back to work on Monday 1 1/2 weeks after the BSO. I have been extremely tired and weak the entire week....then I find out Wednesday afternoon that we are starting overtime and it is mandantory.....MY WORD.....I thought I was doing great to be able to get through an 8 hour day and now they're telling me that I have to work 10 hours a day. :hair:

OK.....I deal with all of that.....I go into the office yesterday morning and go to the breakroom to put on a fresh pot of coffee....I turned around and got so DIZZY that I fell. And boy....did I fall hard. My right foot felt sore at the time but I got myself up and cleaned up the mess and made it back to my desk.

As the day went on.....the foot began to throb. I called my dh and he insisted that I go and have it x-rayed. He met me at the urgent care center after work.

GUESS WHAT?????? I FRACTURED my foot.....so.....they wrapped it, put one of those stupid looking boot things on it, put me on crutches and made an appointment for me to see an orthopedic Dr. today to see if it needs a CAST.

SO.....here I am again.....at home.....with a foot the size of a basketball.

WHAT NEXT??????

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2003, 07:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident. Maybe you can look at it as an excuse for a little more healing time. What do you think made you faint? Good luck to heal quickly and I am so sorry that you have to go through one more experience.
Unread 11-15-2003, 10:11 AM

((((Terry)))) I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time I agree that working additional time when you are still recovering from surgery is not really a good idea... but understand about the "mandatory" part of the deal.

I hope your foot is feeling better right now. I'm also concerned about your fainting spell: when you went to the ER, did you get this addressed? Is this something new, or is it something that's happened before?

If it's new, you might consider having your HRT adjusted. Having your blood levels tested for possible anemia would also be a good idea.

Sending lots of soothing s your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2003, 10:55 PM

((((Terry)))),
I'm sorry for this Road has continued to keep get longer "They say when it rains it pours", this definately seems to apply to far too many of us here I agree w/ ((Dany)), that *fainting spell* was bought on by something!?! Pls if you havent already, inquire about it. Hope the foot feels beter soon...hopefully the *extra* healing time will allow you to get more rested & be feeling better in no time Good Luck & pls keep us posted on how you are doing....(((hugs)))
Unread 11-17-2003, 04:44 PM

Thanks so much to everyone who offered words of encouragement.

I haven't checked out the "fainting spell" because there has been so much going on with the fall itself. If it happens again.....I definitely will investigate further. I really think that it was because I hadn't eaten breakfast and I was already so tired and weak from the first week back to work. This has never happened before......so......it's definitely a mystery.

I went to the Orthopedic Dr. today and they put one of those huge walking cast on my foot. They also x-rayed my back because it has since begun to hurt......According to the x-ray.....I also have a compressed disk. My LORD....I can't take anymore. So.....now I'm out of work indefinitely......and at a minimum, I will have to have the walking cast for 4 to 6 weeks and I will also have to have physical therapy for 6 weeks for the back. Not sure what else.....Dr. has scheduled an MRI for my back.....but they won't do it right now.....because I just had the BSO 3 weeks ago and they say that they must wait 6 weeks. Go figure....I don't understand that one.

And then to top it all off.....I had my heart absolutely broken when I got home today. In my mailbox were 2 letters from attorneys offering to represent my DH in court for his "SPEEDING INFRACTION". I'm sorry.....maybe this is petty.....but the one thing that I asked of my husband when I first met him was to be totally honest with me and to never keep anything from me because I had been through a horrible first marriage with nothing but lies and deceit....WELL.....HE HAD KEPT THIS FROM ME FOR 3 WEEKS AND WAS HOPING THAT I DIDN'T FIND OUT. I'm not at all mad about the ticket. God knows that I've deserved tickets plenty of times.....but I am absolutely shattered that he would keep it from me.

I would have bet my LIFE that he would have never kept ANYTHING from me no matter what it was.

So....I seem to have hit a dead end here on the road. I'm absolutely exhausted....physically and mentally.....and I'm hurt.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 11-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Hi TAAndrews !!!

So sorry to hear of your complications... And, not to defend a husband that keeps things from his wife... but, I was wondering if he failed to bring it up because of timing... You did just have the surgery, and you were probably apprehensive beforehand. He may not of wanted to upset you, by telling you about the tickets.
I can tell you are genuinely hurt by his ommision, but maybe he has an explanation...Try not to put yourself through the anguish if his intentions were not to deceive you.... Take care of yourself.. Becky
Unread 11-18-2003, 02:27 PM

YIKES Terry,

You know they 'say' it can never get worse but I guess it can...

HUGS for you...at least NOW you will have to rest. Hope you aren't in to much pain with your leg and back.

I too think and HOPE that your hubby just didn't want to burden you with HIS bad day (ie: getting a speeding ticket)

Take care and you can vent here anytime.

Renee
Unread 11-18-2003, 02:32 PM

Dear ((Terry))

Just wanted to offer some ((hugs)) and best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope your foot heals quickly... YIKES when it rains it pours!

Sarah
Unread 11-18-2003, 04:37 PM

Terry,
I am soooo sorry! There comes a point that we must give it up to our higher source to understand "why?". You have so much more to deal with now. I pray that you will be able to give up your stressors both physically and mentally and let your mind go blank in order that your body can heal. I understand your hurt with your husband. Please talk to him and resolve this issue quickly so that it will not be an added stressor. None of us is perfect. I understand that your past has made you very sensitive to trust violations, but even the best relationships involve mistakes and forgiveness in order to grow to be solid and strong. When I am upset with my husband it brings me more stress than almost anything else in my life. I need his support and grounding. We have been married for 29 years and I need his love and support more now than ever. Of course, I have given my fair share of the same in return through the years. You need your husband's support especially now. Talk about it and clear the air. I know it seems really big to you now, but hopefully when you hear his explanation it will bring you relief.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register