helping to spread the word? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

helping to spread the word? helping to spread the word?

Unread 10-06-2000, 09:15 AM
helping to spread the word?

I was talking to a sweet little nurse at my ob/gyn's office yesterday, and mentioned all the wonderful advice, hints and stress relief I am getting from this site. She said nobody there had ever HEARD of the "Hyster Sisters"! As I spent a few minutes explaining it to her, she exclaimed that it sounded WONDERFUL! She said she would pass the word around, and this morning she called me back to say one of her patients had checked it out and was ecstatic about it!

Curious- this is just an idea, now, so don't bombard me TOO bad if it's a stinker!

What about having a flyer about the sisters site that we could all print off our computers, make copies of, and give to our doctor's office so they could make copies to distribute to other gals in the same boat as us?

Possibly more new sisters, more feedback on the boards, more people visiting the sponsors to help keep site costs down, etc.....

Whaddya think?????

"mad" morgan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2000, 09:17 AM

Thats a great idea! I've thought about it too. I was going to print off the page that lists all the different sections we can post to to show my doctor when I go back.

We DO need to spread the word!
Unread 10-06-2000, 09:34 AM

Hi Mad!!

In the Hop to More drop down there is a printable flyer to print out. I already did this and gave it to my Dr.s nurse. They had never heard of this place and was very interested, said she was going to make copies of it.

Maybe we can send a copy to Oprah, lets get sum funding in here, this place is absolutly the best for us women is our worst times of need!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2000, 02:08 PM

Thanks, gypsygirl! I'll look for that flyer right now! Guess I shoulda looked around a bit more before I flapped my trap about it!

Gosh, it would be GREAT to have Oprah mention it, especially since she's so big on women's issues. Anyone know how to go about getting it started?

"mad" morgan
Unread 10-06-2000, 03:19 PM

Just FYI, if you can't find the link in the drop down menu...the URL for the printable
Unread 10-07-2000, 12:41 AM
Oprah

Actually, Oprah has a website that you can email ideas and information. There are quite a few links to media for informing the public and building awareness. Certainly there are enough of us that can "spread the word" and have lived through, or are living through the "experience". Women need to be far more informed and empowered than we are!!
Syd
Unread 10-09-2000, 06:35 PM

Also, if you click on the trumpet at the top of the page with "testimonials" next to it, you'll see one of the hostesses has already begun a letter/email campaign to send to Oprah.

We keep hoping to have hundreds of letters to send to her in a big bunch!

Dixie
Unread 10-09-2000, 06:48 PM

Has anyone sent a press release, media information with site information, etc. out? Women really need to be able to find this site! I did multiple searches before finding Hystersisters. Let me know if there is a way that I can help! It would give me something different to focus on while waiting and recoperating

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register