hole in vc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2003, 11:11 AM
hole in vc

Has anyone been diagnosed with an air pocket or hole in the vaginal cuff? I am 9 weeks post op and had to have a ct to rule out any abcess, as I had so much yukky discharge. On the ct they found a 2mm hole (air pocket) in the vaginal cuff. The Dr. just said we would wait and see if it causes any problems and was very evasive from there. Has anyone experienced this and do you have any info.? I am upset and just need to know if it's okay?
Thanks - Sheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
hole in vc

(((Sheri)))) I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time right now

I haven't had this problem myself, but I remember reading from others who were dealing with a slow healing or a hole in the vaginal cuff. Hopefully, they'll be along soon to offer some your insight.

You might want to give your doctor's office a call and ask for additional information as to what your options are.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Hopefully, this situation will resolve on it's own.
Unread 11-17-2003, 02:24 AM
hole in vc

Hi Sheri I'm sorry you're having trouble with slow healing on your cuff. Are you on any HRT? If you are low in estrogen it can slow the healing process. The vaginal tissues are kind of 'high maintenance' when it comes to estrogen. One thing you might ask your DR about is using some sort of vaginal estrogen (like Premarin or Estrace vaginal creams) to help with the healing process, especially if you are not on any other HRT but even if you are.

Let us know how it goes, OK?
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2003, 04:28 AM
hole in vc

Hi Folks, Thanks for responding. No I'm not HRT, I still have one ovary, but I have to wonder if it functions, as I have incredible night sweats! Do you know how long it takes some people to heal? I am 9 weeks now? The only thing the Dr. said was it looks like we may have missed a suture or she disturbed it during the exam. I was just worried it could be a problem and when I asked her, she said we'll just wait and see if it does and wouldn't really elaborate on what and it just stays on my mind. I am a need to know person and then I'm fine - can't stand to not have my info. I feel good, so that's a plus, only a few bad times here and there. Well off to work - let me know if you know anymore or know where I could find out, as I said the Dr. doesn't want to go there.

Thanks - Sheri
Unread 11-17-2003, 09:13 AM
hole in vc

Dear Biker,
I also had a hole in the vaginal cuff that was not healing properly. If I remember correctly it took about two weeks to resolve itself. I read several threads on this condition and it seems that the protocol is to "wait and see" so I wouldn't be to worried about that. I spotted for awhile with it. The doctor said that probably a stitch fell out. I remember the morning that I was going to leave the hospital I had a bout of vomiting and felt a serious pain on the left side from wrenching over the toilet. I feel that may have split a stitch. If you have any unusual bleeding, heavier or red or anything else that makes you feel uncomfortable about what is going on you should call your doctor. Good luck and speedy healing.
Unread 11-17-2003, 07:36 PM
hole in vc

Dear Kelou,
Thanks so much for the input, it makes me feel a little surer. I haven't any bleeding at this time, it has stopped since my silver nitrate treatment, just a slight discharge. I have some pulling, burning feeling in my left side, which is where the opening was, so maybe that's why. It has been a week since it was found,s o maybe another week will do it. Did the your Dr. say if it didn't heal if it would still be okay? Thanks so much for your help.
Sheri
Unread 11-19-2003, 06:23 PM
hole in vc

Oh, dear. I lived with this issue for 7 months, and finally I went back to the OR and the doctor re-did my vaginal cuff. It has been a maddening experience, but eventually it was resolved. I was still able to live life in the meantime, but I am very pleased to have it fixed up now. I don't think this is a common problem, but even in my worst case scenario it can be successfully dealt with. Hang in there!
Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register