Surgery this Friday!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery this Friday!! Surgery this Friday!!

Unread 11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Surgery this Friday!!

I am having my surgery this Friday, which will be the radical abdominal hysterectomy for Stage 1B cervical cancer. Can anyone give me insite that has had this same surgery. How was recovery, etc. I am excited for it to finally be here so I can get on with life. I am completely putting my trust in Jesus and know he will take me through. Please let me hear your story!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Best wishes on friday

I just wanted to wish you the best on Friday. I had my radical hysterectomy in August of last year. Recovery wasn't too bad. I had some bladder problems after the surgery...pain, but it went away after a couple of weeks.

All I can say is use the painkillers as you need them. They really do help. Don't overdo it. Your body will tell you when you need to rest. I went for a walk the week of my surgery. I was bound and determined to get on my feet fast. I got about halfway around the block and literally couldn't take another step! I was stuck. I had to sit down on the curb and rest for about 20 minutes before I could make it the rest of the way back. Then I couldn't get up from the curb! I started laughing at myself and couldn't stop. I must have looked like a raving lunatic out there. I never made that mistake again!

Good luck on Friday. I will be praying for you. I know you will be just fine and back on your feet in no time. Let us know how you are doing when you get back.

Best wishes,
kim
Unread 11-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Surgery this Friday!!

Friday will be a good day for you. Assuming all goes well, you should be home in time for Thanksgiving (my beyond all favorite holiday).

Follow your doctors orders. Drink lots of fluid; rest, rest, rest and let others do for you.

You're right, too. My mantra before, during, and since my surgery has been "If God brings me to it, God will bring me through it."

Good luck and God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Surgery this Friday!!

I also had a radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer, 1b. It has been 1 yr. and 5 months since, and everything is going great. It takes time, and everyone heals differently. A few bladder issues, that resolved over time. I was in the hospital for 5 days, received my path report on day 3. Lymph nodes clear, was music to my ears and an answer to many prayers. I have not required further treatment to date. You are right, call on Him and Jesus will definately be your strength to bring you through this time. Please feel free to PM me and ask anything about my surgery and recovery. I would love to help you through this. My prayers are with you on Friday, for a successful surgery and recovery.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register