Granny Panties, etc. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granny Panties, etc. Granny Panties, etc.

Unread 11-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Granny Panties, etc.

Well...I achieved two milestones today. First, I had my castle pre-op and was so glad to get it over with, although in hindsight, it was no big deal at all!

Then, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased my "granny panties" as recommended by so many princesses on this site! I chose the "Love Pats" as recommended by Princess Sashi. I also got some travel-size shampoo, lotion, toothpaste and lip balm. I know there are plenty of things I'm still missing, but at least it's a start! (I'm saving the "new robe and slippers" request for DH as our anniversary is 5 days before surgery).

Oh boy...it feels like it's really getting close! Jeepers Creepers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Granny Panties, etc.

Hi Jay-Jay,

Don't forget to pick up something for the gas, and a stool softner!! They'll be your best friend, trust me on this. LOL

Mary Ellen
Unread 11-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Granny Panties, etc.

I had a thought. It doesn't happen often and it's silly more often than not. I was going to pick up Depends, adjustable ones, and see how they did for post surgery, at least for the first week when I might be a bit leaky.

I thought: I don't have to wash them, if they get ucky I can chuck them out. And they're adjustable so they can accomodate swelly belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Granny Panties, etc.

I am not sure how depends would work. I would have liked to have had a pair on the first day. I don't know though. I am not sure how comfy a depends would be. I just had my old granny panties and they worked out great. I actually had pairs from when I was pregnant over 4 years ago. My husband looked at them and laughed, but I am very thankful for my beautiful granny panties. I saved them for a reason. Just like I save everything else. I am still looking for the magical gas relief for me the Gas-X no good, the stool softeners (I think they make me more gassy) I had DH go buy me some mylanta gas liquid. Let's see how that works. So far Gas has been the hardest thing. It is helpful to have my humorous family. My DD will pass gas, and say wow mom you must be jealous. I told her not to flaunt her gas around me it is not nice. Then we start laughing.

One thing I haven't seen on here was flushable wipes. They were great. I hated those abrasive ones in the hospital. I took them in a plastic bag with me. I wish I would have brought the whole box. They are great for wiping your hands and face too.

One final thing about going to the castle. I wore clogs. Easy slip on shoes, with my sweats. I just wanted to feel like everyone had to do everything for me so I knew someone would have to tie my shoes, so I just wore the clogs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register