one year for me too | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one year for me too one year for me too

Unread 11-22-2003, 01:49 PM
one year for me too

Yesterday was one year since the Dr gave me the bad PET scan results, said I probably had about a year to live. I had my first 3 days of chemo the Mon - Wed of Thanksgiving week and on Thanksgiving week my friend shaved my head. Here I am a year later with mo sign of cancer and a mass of curly silver hair. I haven't yet cut or styled it and am enjoying the hair God gave me., I tell people the " Master" does my hair for free! The cancer has left it scars sexually and we haven't dealt with that yet. Since the reversal surgery I have a constant pain in the butt. Hopefully I have become more loving and less of a pain in the butt. Last year when cancer was spreading in my body I became joyfully aware that it couldn't enter my soul. Maybe I am goofy, just rejoicing over the obvious, but isn't it wonderful to ponder that our souls can't die of cancer, heart attacks, car accidents, terrorists attacks, or even old age? I have just read a wonderful novel called " Cry of Stone" by Michael Obrien and it depicts in a beautiful way how connected we all are. It made me think of all my sisters on this board and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to lose and find themselves in something not about cancer., It may be a novel, but it's message is truer than many non fiction stuff I have read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2003, 02:01 PM
one year for me too

Congratulations Debbie on definately beating the odds. It just goes to show that we are NOT statistics but individual, strong willed, people who are definately not ready to throw in the towel.

Here's to many many more wonderful years.

Rosalie
Unread 11-22-2003, 02:35 PM
one year for me too

Happy Anniversary!! May we all have many many more.
Congratulations.

Ruth S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2003, 02:37 PM
one year for me too

s Debbie

I remember well those days for you a year ago!! And how scary it all was. It was at that time when you began to be such an inspiration for so many other ladies posting on CC. I would not even begin to guess at all the lives you have touched.
Courage and grace while under fire. That's you, for sure!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

karenann
Unread 11-22-2003, 03:54 PM
one year for me too

Dear Debbie,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary!! And on beating those odds! I that you will always be in good health and will continue the healing process from your surgeries. You are really an inspiration to many.

Happy Thanksgiving, I will be thinking of all of you Thursday.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 11-22-2003, 04:40 PM
one year for me too

Debbie,

Thanks for your inspiring post. I'm going to look that book up...sounds like a must-read.

May you continue in good health!

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 11-22-2003, 04:58 PM
one year for me too

Dear Debbie,

I'm new here. So happy for you! May you have many more years! Your message inspired me. It's nearly a year for me too. Thank you, Debbie. God bless!

Monalees
endo. cancer/radical hyst. Dec.02/complications/bladder rupture/Dec/02
Unread 11-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Congratulations!

One year can make so much difference! Many more anniversaries and dances with NED for you.
Unread 11-22-2003, 05:38 PM
one year for me too

Dear Debbie, heartfelt congratulations on your one year aniversary and may you have many, many more. Re your comment on the soul, I find it so comforting to know that He keeps us in His care now and forever. Blessings, peggiesue
Unread 11-22-2003, 06:21 PM
one year for me too

Debbie, many congratulations to you and your soul. That is a wonderful thought. None of these earthly illnesses can tarnish it.
You have been here for many of us. I remember your post when I first came here-seems like long ago.
Have a great cancer free holdiay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register