Beautiful Sunday 11-23-03 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Beautiful Sunday 11-23-03 Beautiful Sunday 11-23-03

Unread 11-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Beautiful Sunday 11-23-03

Good Morning Ladies, WOW I can't believe I'm the first one in here. I 've actually been up since 6am. I can no longer sleep late, I wake up at this time everyday. I havent read the post since Friday Night, so I'm probably behind with what everyone is up to.
Yesterday I had a 3 hr. choir practice for our Christmas program then I came home to steam clean the living room. Back to church today and then steam clean the hallway. I havent been OP lately.
I guess I am feeling so stressed with what's going on with my daughter that it's been eat whatever you can find. I am just really tired and I dont want to cook.HELP! I dont want to go back down those roads I've been on for so long.
It's cool here this morning. We are having some crazy weather for this time of year. I think it's supposed to be about 78 today and then one day next week the high will be 50. People here are always sick because of our crazy weather. Take care Ladies, have a great day. Time to make the eggs...sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2003, 06:39 AM

Hi BEST friends I know it's been ages since my last post: been busy and been really, really, really off program

As I mentionned, my schedule has been extremely hectic this week, between school meetings, book sale at the school, dr's appointments, etc. etc. And when I wasn't off doing something, I was home, nursing a flare of Carpal Tunnel Syndrom in my right wrist (writing for three hours, taking minutes of a meeting will do that to you!!!) and athritis pain in both my knee and my hip. And, while this was all going own, I was going on eating the wrong foods and ignoring my body's need to exercise.

My problem is that I've been doing the "tomorrow diet". You know, the one where you tell yourself, and everybody that will listen to you: I'll get back to it tomorrow? Well, ladies, it doesn't work!!! The Tomorrow Diet has turned into the "Next Week Diet" and, if I don't get back with it, will soon turn into the "Next Month Diet".

Well... it won't happen: today, I'm back on it... I have to be: my clothes don't fit anymore!!! Thankfully, I got rid of all my "large clothes", so it won't take long before my clothes will get tight: 5 or 10 lbs, and I know I have to get back to it.

And, Tuesday night, I won't have any excuses not to go to my weigh-in: no meetings this week.

Hopefully, everyone else is staying OP and is heading towards a wonderful Holiday Season. I'll try and pop in later today.
Unread 11-23-2003, 06:41 AM

Hi gang --

Sharon I've been up since 6:00 a.m. too! DH went fishing today so he left a little after 5:00 but I went back to sleep for a while and so did the dogs. But we've been for our walk and I've been messing around with the computer.......my new Norton Antivirus 2004 had been working fine since October and suddenly it wouldn't Live Update.....after a few emails back and forth between me and Symantec, I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and now it seems to be working fine again. I get so frustrated with this computer stuff and you'd think it was the end of the world when something isn't working right

Anyway dh has gone and I opted not to go, because there was only one boat and it's a lot easier for them with only 2 people in it. There was supposed to be another boat for me to go in but turned out that guy was volunteering at a tournament for kids today -- which is a good thing!! -- and I am just as happy to stay home and get some things done.

So........I've had an OP breakfast of a banana and an orange (from my neighbor's yard!) cut up, with granola and some honey on them. Am going to wrap the few Xmas packages that we will be mailing to dh's family (we are sending a few craft items that I made during the course of the year, to go along with their Hickory Farms packages -- I make so much stuff if we don't give it away it would be crowding us out of house and home) and get them ready to mail. I think that will just about catch me up on Xmas. Then I'm going to make a post of minestrone for dinner so it will be ready whenever dh comes home. Was planning on spending the afternoon in the yard but it's getting kinda cloudy so we'll see.

I was fairly OP yesterday but I could have been better. My buddy came here when she got off work and I fixed us turkey sandwiches on onion pita bread so we wouldn't be tempted by all the fattening goodies at the art festival. She, however, is a Kettle Corn lover, and she bought a huge bag of it. I managed to keep it down to just a few handfuls........popcorn is really not my thing, although this is about the best popcorn around! But I blew it at dinner. Had potato pancakes!! And Jimmy Dean Light sausage!! (One of those nights when dh wanted breakfast for dinner). Surprised my tummy is not rebelling at the fried food, it usually does.

I've rambled on way too long -- I'm going to go get wrapping.

Hi Dany ~~ you came in while I was rambling on and on. And unfortunately I know all about the "tomorrow" diet, and the "next week" diet..............I also know the "oh no my jeans are getting tight" diet!!!

Oh hey, BTW -- I got my new Cooking Light magazine yesterday. If you want to view recipes at www.cookinglight.com from this issue the key word this month is HOLIDAYS.
And there is an article about how people who are trying to lose weight do much better if they have a support group behind them.............and I thought of you all!!

Will check back later!! So glad I got the Norton working again.......it was bugging me!!!

HUGS --
Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Thumbs up - Beautiful Sunday 11-23-03 curves!!!

Hello Sharon,
I am new here and read your post I am a curves junkie too. It has saved my life!!! I have one right around the corner from my house and I love it. I follow the diet in the book too. Are there a lot of women from curves here! Talk to you soon. Joleen
Unread 11-23-2003, 06:59 AM

Hi Joleen!

Welcome to BEST!! I just sent you a PM about posting here.......glad you decided to join us!!

There are lots of Curves gals here (I'm a Gold's Gym Gal) and I'm sure some of them will be along soon.

Take care!!

's

Ann
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:12 AM

Good Morning everybody!

((Sharon)) Sorry about all the stress and how it walks us right back into old habits! Isn't that the pits? The first thing I thought of was Shirley's Famous Crockpot Turkey. Really! When I am in a no-cooking mood I use the crockpot. I can usually face it better in the morning & by supper time when I REALLY don't want to cook I don't have to!
All you'll have to do in the evening is open a bag of salad & heat up a veg. Shirley saves the day!
Good luck with everything.

((Dany)) Sorry everything has been so hectic & you're having trouble with the carpal tunnel! Wow, you deal with so much all the time. Ah yes, the tomorrow diet. My personal favorite. Ok, I'll follow your lead & do it TODAY! We can DO IT DANY!!!!!!!

Ann, if I move there can I hire you to be my personal manager? You are so on top of things. Whooo Hooooo on getting to stay home and out of the boat today!!! Homemade soup sounds good! Thanks for the magazine password. Last time I never found where you use it though. Duh, huh? I'll try again this month. An orange from your neighbor's yard, awesome! I can't imagine. Sounds wonderful.

Welcome Jolene!!!!! Another Curvacious babe! Cool. So glad you're here with us working at this healthy lifestyle thing! We all need each other!!!

After I read the paper & have some coffee I'm going to work on cleaning the house a bit, maybe seeing my dad & sister, nothing too taxing. Tomorrow is dd's bday & I'll probably bake her cake today in case I go away tomorrow for the day. It's a possibility. She wants this delicious hazelnut cake with chocolate chips in it. It's sort of like a dryish sweetbread consistency & texture, baked in a loaf pan. Really good.

Wishing you all the very BEST Sunday filled with nice people & lots of good healthy choices!

xena

OK, don't start throwing shoes at me but I have got Nat King Cole on the player singing pretty Christmas songs to me. Too early for you? I guess I'm ready because I'm loving it!
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:17 AM

Good morning ladies! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....... Gonna be in the 60's again today! Hubby and I are going for a little trip to "Peddler's Village" here in PA. It's a lovely area with cute botiques and craft shops. Big tourist attraction! Should be decorated for the holidays by now.
s to you Sharon!
Dany, the tomorrow diet is still better than the "see food" diet!
Hi, Ann and welcome Joleen!!!!! I am a Curves nut, too! The best thing I ever did for myself. What's your favorite machine????
Hubby is calling me to breakfast....gotta go! Have a great Sunday and try and stay OP.

Emily
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:52 AM

Good morning all,

I actually started a post yesterday, but DH kept interrupting me and although I saved it, I never made it back to post . . . The concert was really great, but I have to admit it's embarassing how wiped out I feel. We got home at 12:30. DH got up at 7:00 to go to church for handbell practice before the early service. I slept until 8:00, but could easily go back to bed right now. I don't think much will get accomplished here today since we will definitely take naps to prepare for concert #2. We have to get up at our regular time tomorrow (5:15--that's for DH not me--I don't have to be at work until 8:00 for a meeting) --aargh, but we'll make it and DS and his DGF will love it. Although DH was trying to bow out just because of the lack of sleep factor. Anyone want to come here and go to the John Mayer concert in DH's place? LOL Free ticket, lots of fun. It will really be interesting to see the different crowd tonight as well as the totally opposite music. I love all types of music. Oh, no temptation big enough (or cheap enough) at the concert to make you go off program--beers were $6.50 and everything else was high dollar. The rest of the stuff was standard fare--not appealing to me.

Today is my weigh-in day and scale is up a tad. I will not register that amount in my brain or it will discourage me. My problem this week has been no exercise. Lots of excuses for that and some are valid, but I will get back on track on this week. Even with Thanksgiving, I plan on staying pretty OP. Small amounts of my favorite things is my plan of attack.

BTW, no word on my dad's prostate biopsy results yet. My mom said dad felt fine the next day and since, so she considers that a very positive thing. I don't think it has any correlation to the test results, but positive thinking is good!!

I taped a Christmas movie last night and will watch it in my semi-vegetative state later.

(((Dany)))--Getting rid of your larger clothes is absolutely the right thing to do--I know you will be on track and have your clothes fitting looser very soon! You are balancing so many things right now--find some Dany time to relax, even if it's 15 minutes.

Sharon--I highly recommend crockpot recipes. That turkey breast recipe that Xena mentioned goes for several meals and Flylady has a bunch of other ones on her website now. We all get caught up in that not wanting to cook thing and then eating out or eating something not so good for us and then feeling bad about it. I really need to be better about planning out my meals for the week--I know just a few minutes doing that and having the ingredients on hand can make a huge difference. Hugs to you, dear--you've got a lot on your plate right now.

Emily--Your outing with DH sounds wonderful--enjoy and report back!

Xena--I am thrilled you had such a wonderful time with your sisters! That BD cake for your DD sounds yummy--hope you have a great day! I am glad BSQ explained the turducken, but I confess I have never heard of it and still wonder if you girls aren't making this thing up . . .

Joleen-- Thanks so much for joining us--we love new faces and the great ideas and support that we can all share!

Ann--Those turkey sandwiches on the onion pita bread (I loved onion rolls and bagels) sound wonderful and the kettle corn at the art festival later--what fun! The soup sounds great too. Maybe I should make something like that today and have it simmering and then we can have a quick bite before the concert. Enjoy your wrapping!

Sherry-- s Thanks for posting and telling us the latest--all is sounding much more encouraging. I know that you and your DH's positive attitude plays a large part in his healing. Everyone knows that laughter is the best medicine, but I also read the other day that it takes just as much energy to be happy as it does to be sad and oh boy what a difference in the outcome. Of course, I've also read how many more muscles you use in frowning than smiling and I do know if you force yourself to smile, you almost instantly feel better. Ah, the motorcycle thing with son--even though my DH has two motorcycles, I really do not look forward to the day that my son gets one. He doesn't seem interested, and that would be a few years down the road.

BSQ--Keep enjoying and having fun with your new pad! Hope you and DSW get together soon--sounds like you have a lot of plans to work out.

((((Tamara))))--I am so glad things are working out so well for you. Regarding the job, it is amazing how things work out like that sometimes--you get what you want and you didn't have to worry about bad references for leaving early, DH's angst, etc.

Will check back in later if I'm awake . . . Have a great day all!

Love,
Shirley
Unread 11-23-2003, 07:54 AM

Hmmmm........about the Cooking Light recipes from the website.........I just checked it out and I don't see where you need the Password either!!

According to the magazine each month, if you pick up a copy in the store (in other words don't have a subscription) you need the monthly password in order to access the articles and recipes. Which is the reason I've been passing the password along to y'all.

But when I go to www.cookinglight.com all the recipes are there for me to see...........and it's not asking me to sign in.

So..........????

In the meantime..........as I continue to try out different recipes from the magazine (which I DO have a subscription to, and I love it since besides recipes it has articles about fitness and eating healthy and other health issues.......right up my alley!! ) I will continue to pass along tried & true recipes to you my BEST friends!! And I guess I don't need to pass along the password!!

I'm off to wrap and cook!!

Oh and P.S. Along with fixing my Norton Antivirus 2004 problems it seems I got rid of some other screwy things my computer was doing............WHOOO HOOOO!!

Ann
Ann
Unread 11-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Hellllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi ladies yesterday was very stressful. The funeral was huge. Hubby read the Eulogy and did very very well. I was so proud of him. Then we got home and had to go to the neighbours. I have a huge headache. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder why or to many of them.

I ate so off program that it was not funny. Back at it tomorrow. I am in jeans I could not wear but the scale has not moved. I am not weighing for a long time. As long as my clothes fit I am not going to worry about the scale. I to was a huge Curves fan. But I am slowly outgrowing the program. So I am now working at Curves 1 to 2 times a week and doing my program at work. It is very tough but I love it. I plan on just keeping exercising watching what I eat during the week and enjoying the weekends. Then come January I will get the last 10 pounds off.

Dany I am sorry that you are still a little stressed and not eating well. I can bet every woman in this group as been where you are. You know what you need to do and I have no doubt that you will do it.

Sharon. I know your situation with your dd is tough. You are handling it well. I am glad you love Curves.

Emily Curves saved my life to. I started there in Feb. Got sick in March, Surgery in July and then Dh hubby dying. But through those minor setbacks Curves had me wanting to workout. It has really gotten my into a great exericse routine and for that I will be thankful.

Ann you sound so motivated. Good for you. You are a cooking fool I have not cooked a meal for days. Dh, neighbour and BIL have taken care of me lol lol lol. I am so lucky

Shirly I am so glad you enjoyed your concert so much. I bet you have a great time tonight to. Have sleep dreams

Xena happy birthday to dd. How old is she? Your cake sounds delicious. Hubby and I bought a new faucet for our kitchen he is putting it in today. It is sssssssssssssooooooooooo nice and fancy. That is our Christmas gift to each other. The old one is clogged and decaying. So it should really spruce up the kitchen.
Have fun seeing your dad and your sister.

Welcome Joleen. This is a great group

Okay I am off

Have a great day

Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register