Surgery postponed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery postponed Surgery postponed

Unread 11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Surgery postponed

Hi,

Sorry I have been MIA recently. Our modem died and it took a couple days to get a replacement installed etc.

I was all set for surgery next Wednesday at the Mayo clinic.... but I had to postpone it late Friday due to Insurance issues. We are appealing and hopefully will have some resolution on that soon. The disappointing part is the earliest date I could reschedule to was Feb 4th! It seems like such a long way off.

Well.... many hugs to all of us on the road.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Dear Sarah,

:

I am so sorry your surgery has been postponed, but I am glad you will be enjoying your children without recovery complications for the holidays. I know there is always a silver lining out there somewhere.

With love and light,
Loretta
Unread 11-25-2003, 05:01 AM
Surgery postponed

I'm sorry they postponed your surgury. <<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>
At least you will have painfree holidays ahead.. Best Wishes.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2003, 06:31 AM
Surgery postponed

Sarah:

I can completely relate to your situation! I called the urologists office last Fri to ask 'when is my pre-op appt scheduled for b/c my surgery is booked for Dec 4th, according to the gyno's office & no one has contacted me yet from either office'.

Well..get this..

the uro's secretary says 'Oh..um..unfortunately, there was a miscommunication & you weren't contacted & told about youre pre-op LAST WEDNESDAY' so..your surgery date of Dec 4th is no longer available to you..I can squeeze you in on Dec 22nd for a pre-op, and then you can probably get surgery AROUND JANUARY 15TH!!!!

Sarah, I was COMPLETELY devastated & schocked. Yesterday, I phoned BOTH offices and left messages telling them that I haven't had a BATH since August 10th..that I really, really, need a cancellation to 'happen' or something, that I had call waiting installed on my phone so I wouldn't miss the call (the call they never made) and I provided my cell # & told them to call day/middle of the night & I can be there w/in an hour!!

Needless to say, never having experienced a bladder fistula, neither office seems to eager to call me back!

What I wanted to say is that you are not alone in this feeling of being 'postponed'...I've been trying to look on the bright side...no surgery during Christmas, I can heal more during this time..um..I could probably start exercising to build up my strength..BUT it's STILL BUGGING ME!!!

You're not alone, my sister!!
Unread 11-25-2003, 12:03 PM
(((( Sarah ))))

Oh NO!!!! *punch* Darn insurance companies!!! I'm sorry you are faced with this delay... It takes alot to prepare for any surgery, these things should be ironed out well in advance... I will keep you in my thoughts. Maybe once things are resolved, you can be put on a cancellation list.... So you don't have to wait so long....

's sweeite... Hang in there !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register