Another Dr's apt with not so good news.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another Dr's apt with not so good news.. Another Dr's apt with not so good news..

Unread 11-25-2003, 06:17 PM
Another Dr's apt with not so good news..

Huge s Tammy

I sure have been missing you around here!
And I am so sorry that your news is not as good as we all had hoped. So now it is on to topotecan.
SirenSong had a wonderful suggestion. See if a sensitivity test could be performed. However, if cervical cancer is anything like ovarian cancer, the sensitivity is constantly changing as more chemos are used. So a test from a newer piece of the tumor might be necessary. But this doesn't always require major surgery. Perhaps a specimen could be obtained with a laproscope. I understand that even a laproscope is surgery, but if it helps pinpoint the right chemo, it might be worth considering.
Cobra in NJ for a family of four runs around $350 per month.
Outrageous, I think. We spend our lives working so that we have health insurance, and then when something major occurs, we lose our coverage. Go figure!!!
Keep taking that pain medication Tammy. Have you tried a duragesic patch yet? Please don't accept living with pain.
Hang in there dear friend.

s karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2003, 06:36 PM

Tammy,
Sorry, to hear you have to have more chemo. Hope this treatment will cure you. You are in my prayer's.
Andrea
Unread 11-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Thank You....

for all your posts.

SirenSong, my Cobra will last 36 months while on long term disability, which will pay me about 85% of my 100% take home salary, so that is good.

Denton56, no I didn't have chemo or radiation right after surgery, after surgery, everything was clear including all nymph nodes so nothing after was required.

I am taking pain meds, it's just that I have to continue with them, I was taking the patch, but it wasn't working as it should have and it was making me sick. So I was put on Morphine twice a day, with vicodine every 5 hours or as needed.

shepherdpal, I stopped using the bloodroot, but will start to continue it. Now that this chemo isn't working. I just got the instructions out, so I can start, I want to start next week, so I can enjoy eating tomotoes in my salad on Thanksgiving. Then after, I will start my bloodroot. Once on bloodroot, you can't eat tomatoes or any citrus fruits. They told me if you eat them, you will wish to die, cause the stomach craps are THAT BAD.

I was told that Cobra would be about 800.00 I have my whole family on the plan, which is two kids and a husband.

Anyway, sorry about the long post AGAIN.

's and ers to everyone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2003, 06:58 PM
so good to see your post, Tammy

have been missing you ,like I said. . I truly hope this new chemo will do the trick and not be so hard on you physically.
Please speak with your docs and nurses about your pain.............I recall you saying you don't like to be "dopey " there must be something to help you be comfortable but not in the ozone
. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweet, strong, woman and see you with that new hubby and those great kids.

A blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours and prayers that all works out with the disability/ insurance stuff.

Again, so wonderful to see your post!!!!!
Unread 11-25-2003, 07:20 PM

Tammy,
I will continue to pray that they will find the right treatment for you. I hope this new chemo will be the one that provides the cure for you. When did you start having the inner ear thing, what do they say that that is from? I hope that you will not have to be in pain, and that they find something that will work for that.

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 11-27-2003, 12:26 AM

Rhonda, I had that inner ear thing since November of last year. What happened was I got up from sleep one day and almost fell down, I felt so dizzy. So I made an apt with my PCP not my onc/gyn, and he put this device in my ear and said that my inner ear was clogged behind my ear drum. Had me do a CT scan to make sure I didn't have some kind of disease can't remember the name at this time, which means that fluid has entered an air canal that you have behind your ear, which will then make a big huge ball in the back of your ear in time.

Well, the air canal, just had air, which was the brunt of alot of jokes at work. They always wanted to know what happened when I came back from ANY dr visits.

So he said it was just congested and gave me a big bottle of pills. He said if I felt dizzy or felt congested again to take them again, he would write down alot of pills so I don't have to go back for the same thing. I told him, I didn't know I was dizzy or congested until I fell. So he then told me well when you start falling again, take the pills. He is so funny sometimes.

Anyway, when this started happening of course being on chemo, I blamed it on that, and just lived with it, but today, was it only today, I had my chemo?, I asked the chemo nurse who told me no the falling was not due to chemo. so when I came home I took two pills. I haven't fallen or even lost my balance so far, so I guess that was it. Sometimes you have to look past cancer, and wonder of what ails you is just "regular" stuff. It's hard, cause I blame every little ache or pain or symptom like short term memory loss to chemo, or my cancer. I guess everyone does this at some time int there cancer trail.

Sorry for the long post again everyone... but just know that my new chemo went okay, although I felt nauseated this time which I never had during chemo. Hopefully by Friday, I will find out if this one is working or not, and tomorrow hopefully, the past will be the same, where it doesn't effect me at all, and I can eat drink and be merry. Oh that is for Christmas, oh well, maybe I can just eat and eat and eat like a big fat pig. And take lots of leftovers home so I my family and I can make alot of turkey sandwiches, and turkey tacos. Oh if you haven't tried them do... they are great, my sister always invites me to her house so I can make them. I you know how to make chicken tacos it's the same thing. I was told anything you make with chicken you can make with turkey. One of my friends mothers always makes chicken enchiladas after turkey day. I haven't tried that yet, but I do make killer turkey tacos that my family loves to eat. Even though they were skeptical about them the first year. Try them...

anyway.... 's and ers to everyone and hope that you and your families have a GREAT Thanksgiving...... If you celebrate it that is...I know some of sisters do not reside in the US and don't have turkey day like us....
Unread 11-27-2003, 11:34 AM

Tammy!

I am sorry to hear this latest news, but very glad that you and your doctor have a new plan of attack! This could be the one that works for you. Take good care of yourself. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth
Unread 11-28-2003, 06:16 AM

Tammy, it was great to hear from you. You have so much strength and courage. It's great that your and your doctor have a plan. You've been in my thoughts.
When I worked on the floor at our local children's hospital, I administered Topotecan to a little girl with a neuroblastoma. From what I remember, she had few side effects, and it seemed to work well for her.
Good luck with your disability issues. Those can be a headache.
Thank you for the turkey taco suggestion. Sounds yummy!
Positive thoughts and ers to you. Let this be the one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register